Money back guarantee

Yes you will get money back on canceling the service that you have subscribed.Also the money back policy depends on the type of service you have chosen.So before choosing any hosting service provider go through the Money back Guarantee Policy and Terms of Services as well.

There are certain constraints on which the moneyback is given.So before subscribing to any host just check the money back policy to avoid any confusions in the future.

Bad PR is far worse than the amount of the refund, so yes, I would agree under normal circumstances, refunds should be given.

Well you now of some hosts and stories where the bad PR was the goal over issuing a refund. Pages of bad PR for an account under $10. :rolleyes2

Now, here's the catch:
IF no service has been used at all, ever, that's a different story. Perhaps a refund (minus business costs, of course) is in order.However, that's got to be absolutely zero usage of the account, whatsoever. No storage, no hosting, no mail sent, nada!

But usage or not, the account would have been set up on the server with the resources allocated to that account, so these could not be used by anyone else.
All it takes is for the client to login to the account and under UK law they would have been deemed to have used the service.

Well you now of some hosts and stories where the bad PR was the goal over issuing a refund. Pages of bad PR for an account under $10. :rolleyes2
I'm not following what you're saying, WPCYCLE, but that could be because I'm getting old. :) To me, a dispute over $10 isn't worth my time.

I'm not following what you're saying, WPCYCLE, but that could be because I'm getting old. :) To me, a dispute over $10 isn't worth my time.

i assume you mean under $10

He means a dispute over $10 worth of service, as in if something cost him $10, or in the neighborhood of $10. Obviously anything less than $10 falls under the same "not worth my time" claim.

LOl. I meant there's two types of hosts.

Host 1, a customer signs up for an account between $5 to $20, isn't satisfied, cancels the account and asks for a refund, and the host gives them a refund. No one hears about it.

Host 2, a customer signs up for an account between $5 to $20, isn't satisfied, cancels the account and asks for a refund, and even though the host said refunds with no issues within XX amount of days, and the customer cancelled within that time, the host just refuses the refund, basically for no reason. Customer then goes on forums, FB, Tw, and multiple social medias complaining about the host. Essentially the host bought bad promo for the price of $5 to $20 dollars :)

LOl. I meant there's two types of hosts.

Host 1, a customer signs up for an account between $5 to $20, isn't satisfied, cancels the account and asks for a refund, and the host gives them a refund. No one hears about it.

Host 2, a customer signs up for an account between $5 to $20, isn't satisfied, cancels the account and asks for a refund, and even though the host said refunds with no issues within XX amount of days, and the customer cancelled within that time, the host just refuses the refund, basically for no reason. Customer then goes on forums, FB, Tw, and multiple social medias complaining about the host. Essentially the host bought bad promo for the price of $5 to $20 dollars :)

but that is the same as reviews, if you look through forums, FB etc. you will see a mountain of bad reviews but a handful of positive reviews as people only seem to review hosts they have had bad experiences with.

That is the nature of this business

but that is the same as reviews, if you look through forums, FB etc. you will see a mountain of bad reviews but a handful of positive reviews as people only seem to review hosts they have had bad experiences with.

That is the nature of this business

Yes. But there's a difference between a bad review and a intentional theft.

Bad review;

"This host was either too slow, or support was slow, or wasn't a good fit, so I cancelled, got my refund and moved on"

Post like those, people will jump on being apologetic, suggest a new host even though the person already moved to one, and some usual conversation. This lasts for about 20-30 posts. Sometimes the person posting is also apologetic and only wants to say the negative experience was with them, but others can use them if it works for their needs.

The missing money review;

"This host was either too slow, or support was slow, or wasn't a good fit, so I cancelled, and didn't get my refund. Where's my money?? I opened a dispute or did a charge-back and will keep complaining for my lost money"

A post like this goes on for pages. People start posting the hosts WHOIS. The OP posts chat and ticket conversations. It becomes a big mess that other will immediately take of their list as a potential host.

Both are negative, but when people start calling a company a scam and in some cases a liar, it just takes things in a complete downward spiral.

Yes. But there's a difference between a bad review and a intentional theft.

Bad review;

"This host was either too slow, or support was slow, or wasn't a good fit, so I cancelled, got my refund and moved on"

Post like those, people will jump on being apologetic, suggest a new host even though the person already moved to one, and some usual conversation. This lasts for about 20-30 posts. Sometimes the person posting is also apologetic and only wants to say the negative experience was with them, but others can use them if it works for their needs.

The missing money review;

"This host was either too slow, or support was slow, or wasn't a good fit, so I cancelled, and didn't get my refund. Where's my money?? I opened a dispute or did a charge-back and will keep complaining for my lost money"

A post like this goes on for pages. People start posting the hosts WHOIS. The OP posts chat and ticket conversations. It becomes a big mess that other will immediately take of their list as a potential host.

Both are negative, but when people start calling a company a scam and in some cases a liar, it just takes things in a complete downward spiral.

but a host just needs to say you abused their services and any MBG becomes invalid

but a host just needs to say you abused their services and any MBG becomes invalid

If that is the case, then yes. If a person violates the TOS in any form, then a refund would not be issued, and in such cases, the host would cancel the account with an explanation...but that is not the scenario I presented.

I personally had a host not issue a refund due to no fault of mine...and with them advertising on their website and in public forums a refund would be issue with no issue....then there's no excuse to not issue the refund when requested. There's many threads of such instances. Funny enough, some hosts that did not issue the refund ended up closing down. A dishonest operation can only go so far.

If that is the case, then yes. If a person violates the TOS in any form, then a refund would not be issued, and in such cases, the host would cancel the account with an explanation...but that is not the scenario I presented.

I personally had a host not issue a refund due to no fault of mine...and with them advertising on their website and in public forums a refund would be issue with no issue....then there's no excuse to not issue the refund when requested. There's many threads of such instances. Funny enough, some hosts that did not issue the refund ended up closing down. A dishonest operation can only go so far.
also your scenario did not say if they had been a client of the host before and had already use the MBG, which would mean they cant claim under the MBG a second time

many reasons a host does not pay out on a MBG and as a MBG is a privilege and not a right under any law then you cannot do anything about it legally, but if a host has the money then they could sue you for libel if you post about them anywhere

also your scenario did not say if they had been a client of the host before and had already use the MBG, which would mean they cant claim under the MBG a second time

many reasons a host does not pay out on a MBG and as a MBG is a privilege and not a right under any law then you cannot do anything about it legally, but if a host has the money then they could sue you for libel if you post about them anywhere

My examples did describe this. Both signed up, and both canceled within the MBG period. This would not apply to an existing customer since they would have passed the MBG period by weeks, months, or years.

How is it libel if it's the truth and there's evidence to support it?

If Host A lists a MBG in 30 days with no issues on their website which I have a screenshot of, on a public forum which I have a screenshot of, and within the TOS that I accepted that I also have a screenshot of, and I do not violate any rules within the TOS and ask for a refund 7 days within paying for the service...I am owed that refund. To come at me with lawyers for an account not worth lawyers fee is ridiculous, and I would not hire any lawyers for something that's not worth it.

The issue is principal...not the actual refund. If a host creates a legal case over a customers negative review about missing money, and the customer can prove it, who would be laughed at. That money could have been put towards advertising, better servers, or management consulting, but instead put towards an angry customer who lost money, then it shows the host doesn't understand business.

My examples did describe this. Both signed up, and both canceled within the MBG period. This would not apply to an existing customer since they would have passed the MBG period by weeks, months, or years.

How is it libel if it's the truth and there's evidence to support it?

If Host A lists a MBG in 30 days with no issues on their website which I have a screenshot of, on a public forum which I have a screenshot of, and within the TOS that I accepted that I also have a screenshot of, and I do not violate any rules within the TOS and ask for a refund 7 days within paying for the service...I am owed that refund. To come at me with lawyers for an account not worth lawyers fee is ridiculous, and I would not hire any lawyers for something that's not worth it.

The issue is principal...not the actual refund. If a host creates a legal case over a customers negative review about missing money, and the customer can prove it, who would be laughed at. That money could have been put towards advertising, better servers, or management consulting, but instead put towards an angry customer who lost money, then it shows the host doesn't understand business.

just pointing out various reasons why a refund is not given under a MBG regardless to what is written. Just because a host has something in their TOS does not mean it is legal or legally binding.

just pointing out various reasons why a refund is not given under a MBG regardless to what is written. Just because a host has something in their TOS does not mean it is legal or legally binding.

I agree, and neither is providing any form of quality service.

:thumbup:

Would it be risky to offer 30 days vs say 14 days

In the UK and Europe we have to adhere to The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, so have to give users 14 days cooling off period for anything purchased online or over the phone unless it is personalised for them.

This is why we only offer a 14 day MBG

Yeah, one month guarantee is pretty standard. And in regards to a host just saying you abused their policies, that would be very unethical and unprofessional of them and could lead to more issues for them so I don't see that ever happening unless they are some sketchy fly-by-night provider. In which case, you could just do a charge back on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexander Enrique