Linux or windows?

Linux is always better than Windows but it depends on requirements, if a clients require ASP & .NET, he'll surely go for Windows only.

Of course Linux in my case most of the time, but (since there is always but) I sometimes resell Windows because I have an ASP programmer and he hates PHP, so... what am I to do than cave in. :rolleyes2

I never been with windows and dont know anything diffrent about lunix or windows. I am going to have to do some researching on this.

I prefer to offer linux because i did not see good demand of windows hosting and yes ofcorse windows hosting is also a source of profit and source of new clients. If You have some extra bucks then it's okay you may offer windows too.

Best Regards

I think you should Resell both. If you Resell both, Linux as well as Windows, you will be able to offer an Option to your Customers and hence you will get more Customers and Finally more Profits.

linux is easier to use. (I think) Windows is probably something I would sell sometime down the road, but I think linux will be my main focus when it comes to my business.

Linux generally has lower costs as it uses less resources and is free but Microsoft may open you up to additional customers who require ASP support. I guess it is upto the individual host and their business plan on whether they offer one or the other or both.

Linux always better security than windows...
and windows always become the target of attack by hacker..

Hello,

It depends on the used technologies, if your customers use ASP.NET you should resell Windows. IMHO it will be much better to be specialized than reseller both Linux and Windows.

Regards

Most people prefer Linux but to appeal to everyone, it's best if you have both Windows and Linux.

Though I think Windows is mostly used by business and corporations but I'm not sure.

If you are looking at business point of view, then Both hosting will create double benefit for your business, while your clients can get Windows as well as Linux both on the same place, they will not go anywhere for at least, when thinking to change hosting platform.

I stick to linux hosting only when I can. Windows is a burdon more then a profit at times. Customers usually want a cheaper price and with licensing it is hard to do that with windows licenses and overhead.