Issuing Refunds to Accounts Terminated for Abuse

I've also found that asking the simple question of "how often do you need backups" as part of the signup process,

In a way you should not need this question as technically it is the website owners responsibility to take their own backups, but me and you have been in this game long enough to know most website owners don't do this or they backup to the same account, so if anything goes wrong they don't have their own backups.

I back up my server daily, but only as i had a cheap $2 a mth server sitting doing nothing

In a way you should not need this question as technically it is the website owners responsibility to take their own backups, but me and you have been in this game long enough to know most website owners don't do this or they backup to the same account, so if anything goes wrong they don't have their own backups.

I back up my server daily, but only as i had a cheap $2 a mth server sitting doing nothing
Every next day, weekly and monthly backups are useful in case of data loss.

Sometimes cPanel or DA takes corrupt backup so monthly backup can be useful in this case.

Back