Is Reselling Profitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY! This is not always a negative point.

You can get a reasonably resourced VPS as set up reseller and master reseller plans for $5 to $10 a month and still make a good profit, while giving enough resources to the reseller for them to make a decent profit

It is always a negative point. How can you honestly suggest someone to start their business on something as unreliable and unstable as a master reseller?

If you don't have a few dollars a month to spend on a *business* then you shouldn't be in this business.:smash:

It is always a negative point. How can you honestly suggest someone to start their business on something as unreliable and unstable as a master reseller?

If you don't have a few dollars a month to spend on a *business* then you shouldn't be in this business.:smash:

most hosts will start off on a reseller and then master reseller and then onto a VPS.

we also have many hosting clients who started with us on an MR and then upgraded to a VPS when they has secured a profitable clientbase

most hosts will start off on a reseller and then master reseller and then onto a VPS.

we also have many hosting clients who started with us on an MR and then upgraded to a VPS when they has secured a profitable clientbase

It's very bad advice to even suggest a master reseller. No decent, self respecting host would dream of putting their clients on a master reseller. It's the cheap poor mans way of selling reseller accounts. Cutting corners at the expense of the customer.

It's very bad advice to even suggest a master reseller. No decent, self respecting host would dream of putting their clients on a master reseller. It's the cheap poor mans way of selling reseller accounts. Cutting corners at the expense of the customer.

so 99.99% of webhosts are wrong, as even the big boys offer MR accounts as this is the FIRST step of new web host businesses where the customers are not converse in VPS. it is not cutting corners

so 99.99% of webhosts are wrong, as even the big boys offer MR accounts as this is the FIRST step of new web host businesses where the customers are not converse in VPS. it is not cutting corners

Who are the big boys? Does hostgator offer master reseller? Does fasthost offer master reseller? Does httpme offer master reseller? Does 1&1 offer master reseller?

The minority offer master reseller, and there is a reason that it's only the minority.

Where did you get this 99.99% statistic from? You made it up on the spot. I'd say it's 0.01% that offer master reseller.

A master reseller modifies a control panel to do something it was never intended to. There is a reason why cPanel doesn't implement master reselling into their software.

Who are the big boys? Does hostgator offer master reseller? Does fasthost offer master reseller? Does httpme offer master reseller? Does 1&1 offer master reseller?

The minority offer master reseller, and there is a reason that it's only the minority.

Where did you get this 99.99% statistic from? You made it up on the spot. I'd say it's 0.01% that offer master reseller.

A master reseller modifies a control panel to do something it was never intended to. There is a reason why cPanel doesn't implement master reselling into their software.

your posts on HD seem to be negative against hosts unless they do hosting your way.

according to you hosts should not offer MR or use the built in WHMCS support system.

your posts on HD seem to be negative against hosts unless they do hosting your way.

according to you hosts should not offer MR or use the built in WHMCS support system.

You dodged all my questions? Why don't you answer the questions I posed to you?

Your hosting company is your hosting company, run it how you will. I passionately provide hosting to our customers and do whatever we can to ensure they receive a great hosting service. Be it support or be it reliable under crowded servers with good neighbours.

Afterall, this is a discussion forum last I checked, we are here to discuss hosting? You shouldn't be offended if someone doesn't agree with you. :agree:

You dodged all my questions? Why don't you answer the questions I posed to you?

Your hosting company is your hosting company, run it how you will. I passionately provide hosting to our customers and do whatever we can to ensure they receive a great hosting service. Be it support or be it reliable under crowded servers with good neighbours.

Afterall, this is a discussion forum last I checked, we are here to discuss hosting? You shouldn't be offended if someone doesn't agree with you. :agree:

MR accounts are our biggest seller and we never overcrowd our servers as we restrict how many reseller and cpanel account a client can set up. if a server looks like its going to be overcrowded we just provision a new server. but we have a lot of MR clients who eventually upgrade to a VPS, but we never force any clients into taking a MR, if they ask whats best to run a hosting business, we will also suggest a VPS

MR accounts are our biggest seller and we never overcrowd our servers as we restrict how many reseller and cpanel account a client can set up. if a server looks like its going to be overcrowded we just provision a new server. but we have a lot of MR clients who eventually upgrade to a VPS, but we never force any clients into taking a MR, if they ask whats best to run a hosting business, we will also suggest a VPS

It's not possible to control the number of accounts on your server when you begin offering master reseller. The day you begin master reseller hosting is the day you lose control over your server.

If problems haven't shown now, fine, but the cracks will eventually appear. The entire nature of the system is such that it encourages overcrowding.

It's not possible to control the number of accounts on your server when you begin offering master reseller. The day you begin master reseller hosting is the day you lose control over your server.

If problems haven't shown now, fine, but the cracks will eventually appear. The entire nature of the system is such that it encourages overcrowding.

It is 100% possible to control the amount of accounts on the server when you use WHMReseller.

in 11 years never had any overcrowding issues

It is 100% possible to control the amount of accounts on the server when you use WHMReseller.

I only see 2 solutions, but I don't know which you're referring to. One would be to limit the number of end user accounts from the start. The other is to simply move accounts to a different server when you decide that enough end user accounts have been added by resellers.

The first one puts you at a disadvantage in the market, because people generally want complete flexibility in managing the space and bandwidth that they've paid for, and even more so in the master/alpha reseller market.

The second one is just a workaround, and can only be employed in a limited number of occasions, otherwise the provider's costs would skyrocket.

in 11 years never had any overcrowding issues

Has WHMreseller been around that long? :)

I only see 2 solutions, but I don't know which you're referring to. One would be to limit the number of end user accounts from the start. The other is to simply move accounts to a different server when you decide that enough end user accounts have been added by resellers.

The first one puts you at a disadvantage in the market, because people generally want complete flexibility in managing the space and bandwidth that they've paid for, and even more so in the master/alpha reseller market.

The second one is just a workaround, and can only be employed in a limited number of occasions, otherwise the provider's costs would skyrocket.

Has WHMreseller been around that long? :)

restrictions can be made on how many accounts per account

from root WHM goto Main >> Resellers >> Edit reseller privileges & nameservers

http://i45.tinypic.com/2j0awxz.jpg

and then again in WHMReseller area

http://i47.tinypic.com/10moqoj.jpg

if clients are made aware when they order to how many accounts they are allocated and they still order their is no problem. we are flexible that if a reseller/MR want to add more account then they just open an ticket and ask and if their is space available on their server then we will add an extra account. This way we can fully keep an eye on how many accounts are on each server.

restrictions can be made on how many accounts per account

from root WHM goto Main >> Resellers >> Edit reseller privileges & nameservers

http://i45.tinypic.com/2j0awxz.jpg

and then again in WHMReseller area

http://i47.tinypic.com/10moqoj.jpg

if clients are made aware when they order to how many accounts they are allocated and they still order their is no problem. we are flexible that if a reseller/MR want to add more account then they just open an ticket and ask and if their is space available on their server then we will add an extra account. This way we can fully keep an eye on how many accounts are on each server.

Doesn't matter if you can set limits or not, it is still not possible to control growth on the server and it will lead to over crowding. With each master reseller set up you are just multiplying and multiplying the potential number of accounts.

Doesn't matter if you can set limits or not, it is still not possible to control growth on the server and it will lead to over crowding. With each master reseller set up you are just multiplying and multiplying the potential number of accounts.

its not because you set the amount of accounts they can set up on your server as both my screenshots clearly show.

i never run my servers more than 70% so allows a small growth, my servers have never been overcrowded as i keep a close eye on accounts etc.

Stop coming on here telling everyone that they must run their business the same way you run your business. on other posts you are doing the same.

Last edited:
Stop coming on here telling everyone that they must run their business the same way you run your business. on other posts you are doing the same.

Why do you get offended if someone doesn't agree with you? I haven't told you or anyone how to run their business. This is a discussion forum and I am here to discuss. Why try to silence people that do not have the same opinion as you? Is that how you run your company?

If you want to run your company using a master reseller, then you go right ahead. Our customers deserve better than that. But if you don't agree, then that's fine. You don't need to get offended and try to silence those that don't agree with you or have the same mindset as you :rolleyes2

you are the one offended by my replies as i have provided proof that you can 100% control the amount of account placed on a server or are you saying that you are correct and cPanel and Deasoft are wrong

MOD NOTE: Post edited.

Hehe, alright. I'm going to stop right there. If you're just going to take what I say and repeat it to me, then I'd rather not waste my time with you.

You go right ahead and offer your master reseller, best of luck to you.

i have been offering Master Reseller plans for 11 years and have NEVER EVER overcrowded a server.

the screenshots i provided show that both in cPanel and WHMReseller you can restrict the amount of accounts on a server.

look at your other posts on HD you are doing the same thing trying to tell others they must run a business the same as yours.

i have never told anyone that my way is the way a business needs to be run. a discussion forum is to discuss and not just try and push your way of business like you are doing.

Terry, please take it easy. I read every post that is made in this community on a daily basis and I haven't noticed anyone "pushing" others into running their companies according to their views. The moment it happens, it will be dealt with by HostingDiscussion moderators because that would be disruptive to the organic flow of thoughts and ideas.

A discussion community will comprise of different opinions, making up general knowledge and perceptions on how this business works. If one cannot cope with the views of others, one will have a difficult time being a member of a community that is based on opinions and feedback.

Thread was cleaned for irrelevant talk. I know that I am quite liberal in moderation tactics, but next up on the menu is my least favorite - warnings & infractions. Please don't let me go there. Everyone, stay on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.