Is Reselling Profitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to work really hard to keep your clients satisfied. Because, now a days many of the people prefer to buy service from direct provider rather than resellers.

But, if you keep you service upto standards, then you surely gonna to have much much profits :)

now a days many of the people prefer to buy service from direct provider rather than resellers.

this is not 100% true, yes some people prefer to deal direct rather than through a reseller, but if you can offer exceptional service and the same in support it will not matter if you are a reseller or have you own servers, you will get customers, but no matter which option you use it is hard work and is not a get rick quick business.

i started as a reseller and then a master reseller before getting my own servers and i always made a good profit as i have always offered exceptional service and the same in support

Reselling can definitely be a profitable business. But, nobody on this thread says that it is easy. As with any business you need to set a budget, goals and make plans for where you want to be in x amount of time for the out cost of how much.

as stated reselling can be profitable, but you are at the mercy of the host reselling you the space.

when i started it took me 6 months of trying hosts to find a solid releaible host which i stayed with for 4 years moving to a master reseller. i was making a good profit with a good solid clientbase then on day our sites were down including the hosts, they stated they suffered a HD failure on their server and would have to move server,so we were given new IPs, no problem. a few days later everything when down again and they sated they suffered another HD on the new server (this time i started a search elsewhere ) as this did not ring true ( 2 HD failures on 2 servers in a week) within 24 hours all sites up again. the following morning i awoke to find a mountain of emails from angry clients that their sites were down. i checked any everythiong was down, but my hosts site shows the default suspended page. so i think they changed hosts and then failed to pay this host, but it took 4 days to get a reply and this was sorry we are having tech problesm and will be back in 24 hours, well this came and went. so i ended up getting a VPS which i wish id done ages ago, but by this time my clientbase had dropped by 80% as these 80% had gone elsewhere. it took me a while and a lot of hard work to rebuild my business and reputation, now 6 years on i have a stoong business and clientbase and still have some original clients

Last edited:
its a good way to start, you wont lose so much money to start with, but as soon as the time comes, upgrade upgrade upgrade, vps and then dedicated good luck :)

I believe if someone is trying to get rich quick, web hosting is not the industry to get into. Web hosting is a business that takes patience experience, and most importantly, ambition and pride.

I believe if someone is trying to get rich quick, web hosting is not the industry to get into. Web hosting is a business that takes patience experience, and most importantly, ambition and pride.

Very true, it takes a lot of hard work and will consume most of your time that your eyes are open.

Reselling might be the cheap way in, but it's not a quick get rich scheme either. It takes time and dedication to get a business up and running. And passion. I love Linux and building things out of it and watching it work, and that's where I get my pride in my business, by building it up and serving customers as good as I can.

I might not be Richard Branson, but I'm here to service you! lol.

I think if anyone starting a brand new reselling business can easily start with medium size investment in a managed VPS server and day by day as business grow and demand arises he/she can think to upgrade to his/her own separate dedicated server with larger storage and system resources capacity.

It depends why you are reselling.

It's rarely possible to make huge cash out of reselling, unless you are offering some added value.

Margins are tight on hosting and it's difficult to beat the upstream hosts prices.

But if you can offer a design service, or some kind of management/monitoring/service wrap, you can stand to make a good profit in the long run.

Don't expect cash week one!

I'm planning to start a resller business , but i'm totally new to the business and need a good advice from all the members here, The tips and tricks and also how we can do this business in a much profitable manner.

There are few things which you can make sure to consider before starting a reselling business at new start level:

First, make sure that you do required full research to ensure you select the best possible web host as your reseller hosting service provider this will ensure you have hassle free web hosting as a platform for your clients as otherwise you can be in big trouble if your web host offer you insufficient level of services and support.

Second, make sure you that have setup your billing and support system online in place you can prefer leading scripts such as hostbill or WHMCS as a platform at start level to ensure that you do have smooth running of your reselling business.

Third, Last but not least you shall ensure that you do have a proper marketing plan to have good client base for your reseller business.

These are my few cents...

I'm planning to start a resller business , but i'm totally new to the business and need a good advice from all the members here, The tips and tricks and also how we can do this business in a much profitable manner.

It will depend on how much you intend to charge for your services. Only you can answer that. Just make sure that when choosing a reseller you do your research well and find reviews about them.

reselling is profitable, the only problem is, millions of other companys do it, so why would people go to a new host that could just close there doors and a month or two?...

Are you going to be the same as everyone else and hope people visit your site to sign up rather than competitor or are you going to bust yourself setting your company apart from everyone else? You get out exactly what you put in and while its sometimes hard work, in the end to me (as a non-reseller who deals with resellers all of the time) it is worth it.

it is yes, but it takes a very long time, due to the amount of people reselling these days and alot are just fly by night hosts.

it is yes, but it takes a very long time, due to the amount of people reselling these days and alot are just fly by night hosts.

Yes their are many fly by night hosts, but when people looks for hosts many never do research and only see $$, so will more than likley go with these fly by night hosts offering unlimited space plans for $1.99 a year and then when this host just shuts down they come to us and complain how bad their other host was.

It is also good to try and find a niche market.

It is but don't expect it to be easy. Do your homework and spend at least a few weeks researching hosts to make sure you get a decent one. Stay away from budget hosts as they are already selling cheap. Go with a quality host and build a relationship with them. Spend countless hour on SEO and market research...work for it and it will be profitable.

Stay away from budget hosts as they are already selling cheap.

WHY! This is not always a negative point.

You can get a reasonably resourced VPS as set up reseller and master reseller plans for $5 to $10 a month and still make a good profit, while giving enough resources to the reseller for them to make a decent profit

This is true but the vast majority of budget hosts oversell so you have less room and re-selling something that is already oversold does not make much business sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.