Google shutting down Google Checkout on Nov 20, 2013 FURTHER INFORMATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nothing new and its directed at Checkout users, not merchants using Wallet. Its been up there for a few weeks. Nice to see you actually visiting the Google site, however.

:uhh: Now if I can get you to move from Checkout support over to Wallet support......

but as Google class web hosting as a PHYSICAL service then this part applies when GC closes

Merchants selling physical goods will need to switch to third-party alternatives (see below)

Still don't want to read the Wallet site? Very strange.

Don't want to read the TOS? Very strange.

Don't want to read the list of Excluded Product Catagories? (hint: web hosting is not on it) Very strange.

Don't want to see the list of acceptable catagories? (hint: Internet and Networking is on it)

Don't want to read about other web hosts using Wallet? Very strange.

Nope, you will just keep posting what we all already know about Checkout merchants

Still don't want to read the Wallet site? Very strange.

Don't want to read the TOS? Very strange.

Don't want to read the list of Excluded Product Catagories? (hint: web hosting is not on it) Very strange.

Don't want to see the list of acceptable catagories? (hint: Internet and Networking is on it)

Don't want to read about other web hosts using Wallet? Very strange.

Nope, you will just keep posting what we all already know about Checkout merchants

From my contacts its been confirmed multiple times:

-Web Hosting is not eligible for Google Wallet for Digital Goods

You change the subject on how the Instant Buy product etc... though Google Wallet for Instant Buy is NOT a payment processor, more you integrate your payment solution into Instant Buy - Google does not process any payments through the Instant Buy program.

Last edited:
From my contacts its been confirmed multiple times:

-Web Hosting is not eligible for Google Wallet for Digital Goods

Web hosts can use Google Wallet for Business, period . This has been confirmed by me and other hosts' signups and operations. Don't use Wallet for digital goods (note "digital goods" in not capitalized by me or Google, but Google Wallet for Business is) is the lesson that continues to escape you.

No more talking. Sign up for Wallet and report your findings. This is what I keep suggesting, and what continues to be ignored. The proof is in the eating of the pudding. What are you people afraid of? You and Terry could have signed up 100 times by now. You can learn how to sign up for Google Wallet at Google.com

Last edited:
I contacted my contact at Google with this question

Hi

What is the difference between Google Wallet for Digital Goods and Google Wallet for Business.

Their is a user on this forum keeps insisting web hosts can use Google Wallet for Business as Google class web hosting as internet and networking

http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/bi...20-2013-further-information-4.html#post169126

Regards
Terry Robertson
The Easyhost Media Group

I just got this reply back

Sent: Monday, July 1, 2013 10:01 PM
To: **************
Subject: RE: [4-4627000001263] Closing your Google Checkout account

Hello Terry,

Google Wallet for Business is a department in Google that handles merchant accounts and concerns. I am part of this department. Google Wallet for Digital Goods is a merchant type from Google Checkout that handles merchant accounts that selling digital goods or for in-app purchases such as coins for candy crush or similar type of online games.

The company I suggested for you to use which is Braintree would be helpful for you as a solution provider for web hosting. You can ask more information about them and how you can integrate your website by calling this number 1-877-434-2894.

Sincerely,

Eric

The Google Checkout Team

If you have additional questions, please visit our Help Center at http://support.google.com/checkout/sell/

If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else (it may contain confidential or privileged information), please erase all copies of it, including all attachments, and please let the sender know it went to the wrong person. Thanks.

so Google Wallet for Business is a Google Department and not a service provided by Google

Me and Alex have asked the correct questions and provide consise replies from Google. then i asked google to define the difference between Google for Business and GWDG, whcich Google state google for business is the department that oversees GWDG

From the sounds of it Eric doesn't understand web hosting and so that would make the above response invalid.

Maybe web hosting is allowed, maybe not though it sounds like that specific representative isn't sure himself.

He doesn't seem to understand the difference between Wallet for Business and Wallet for Digital Goods either, perhaps because "Wallet for Digital Goods" is a product that was invented on this forum.

He doesn't seem to understand the difference between Wallet for Business and Wallet for Digital Goods either, perhaps because "Wallet for Digital Goods" is a product that was invented on this forum.

wrong 2 separate Google advisors have explained that GWDG is not available for web hosting and GWDG is a service provided by Google and not made up for this forum.

Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 3:34 PM
To: ****************
Subject: RE: [1-1776000001121] Closing your Google Checkout account

Hello Terry,

Please forgive me for the slow response. We’ve received a lot of questions related to the Checkout retirement announcement. Thanks for your patience.

I understand that you want to know if web hosting is accepted by Google Wallet for digital goods (GWDG). Since it is a physical good, web hosting can't be associated with GWDG. Also, since Google Checkout is retiring on November 20, 2013 and we're not accepting new account as of May 20, 2013, I suggest that you contact one of our three solutions provider partner which is Braintree. You can reach them using this number : 1-877-434-2894, or visit them at their website at support@braintreepayments.com.

Thank you again for your patience. If you have further questions, feel free to call my team at 1-855-WALLET-6.

Best,
Eric
The Google Checkout Team

If you have additional questions, please visit our Help Center at http://support.google.com/checkout/sell/

If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else (it may contain confidential or privileged information), please erase all copies of it, including all attachments, and please let the sender know it went to the wrong person. Thanks.

wrong 2 separate Google advisors have explained that GWDG is not available for web hosting and GWDG is a service provided by Google and not made up for this forum.

You keep setting up the question for failure. I never referred to gwdg except when writing about your posts. Your questions are always loaded when you mention Checkout.

But now the answers you are getting should be starting to indicate to you that I have been right and web hosts can use Wallet, as I have been describing all along and you have been denying every step of the way

BTW, GWDG is one of the APIs, not an ecommerce product

Last edited:
You keep setting up the question for failure. I never referred to gwdg except when writing about your posts. Your questions are always loaded when you mention Checkout.

But now the answers you are getting should be starting to indicate to you that I have been right and web hosts can use Wallet, as I have been describing all along and you have been denying every step of the way

I have an idea. Before dragging this any further, why don't you get a positive reply from a Google representative (with contact details) that will confirm a web hosting provider can use whatever solution Google has: whether it is Checkout, Wallet, Business, etc and post the answer in this forum. It seems that only YOU will be able to ask the RIGHT question and get the right answer that will specifically mention a solution from Google that a web hosting company can use to accept payments for "web hosting services".

This will surely end this argument. Until then, any claim made otherwise doesn't seem to play along Google responses so far.

WHMCS has just made an announcement on this issue

http://blog.whmcs.com/guests.php?t=75294
Irrelevant.

I have to agree that it was irrelevant. WHMCS might have as well named any other merchant solution. Given they are getting a commission for referrals, this was more of a marketing announcement.

Google will also be getting a commission from referrals to the ones they suggest, so its basically the same thing.

but i have to agree that Collabora should contact Google like me and Alex and post the direct reply here

I have an idea. Before dragging this any further, why don't you get a positive reply from a Google representative (with contact details) that will confirm a web hosting provider can use whatever solution Google has: whether it is Checkout, Wallet, Business, etc and post the answer in this forum.

Because I have no reason to, just like I don't have a reason to call Paypal or X-cart to get permission to sell hosting. They let me signup as a web host, web hosting is not in the list of excluded items (while "internet and networking" is specifically included), there is no mention any such exclusion in their TOS or web site, and companies like Namecheap and Dreamhost are using Wallet.

That is the positive reply. Isn't real-life actual experience enough? The people dragging this out are the ones that are ignoring that.

Why do I have to go around making phone calls and sending emails to sales reps about it to prove to people here that real life is real life? There is nothing for me to prove. I am not the one telling people not to do this or that, and if they do threatening to report them to the proper authorities.

If one doesn't think there is no Wallet solution for a web host and are not allowed to use Wallet whatsoever don't use it.

Last edited:
B I am not the one telling people not to do this or that, and if they do threatening to report them to the proper authorities.

If one doesn't think there is no Wallet solution for a web host and are not allowed to use Wallet whatsoever don't use it.

It is Google that are saying Web Hosting is not available through Google Wallet as google emails are included in this thread for anyone to read.

you are the one saying that both me and alex have been asking the wrong questions, but it looks like you dont want to ask the right question to Google.

It is Google that are saying Web Hosting is not available through Google Wallet as google emails are included in this thread for anyone to read.

No they are not. They only mentioned Google Checkout users and how they will be transitioned -- if they do nothing -- when checkout disappears. There are no such notices or email regarding current Wallet users who are not Checkout users

you are the one saying that both me and alex have been asking the wrong questions, but it looks like you dont want to ask the right question to Google.

You need to read post. I didn't ask paypal or Card Services any questions either. Are you going to create another stupid thread about that too? Sheesh

Here is part of that post that you don't quote:

..... just like I don't have a reason to call Paypal or X-cart to get permission to sell hosting. They [Google] let me signup as a web host, web hosting is not in the list of excluded items (while "internet and networking" is specifically included), there is no mention any such exclusion in their TOS or web site, and companies like Namecheap and Dreamhost are using Wallet.

Last edited:
so these statements from Google

I understand that you want to know if web hosting is accepted by Google Wallet for digital goods (GWDG). Since it is a physical good, web hosting can't be associated with GWDG

I understand that web hosting is a service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. But as per Google, it is a service that is tagged as a physical service.

Web hosting is a kind of service and services are classified as Physical Goods, thus not eligible for Google Wallet Digital Goods.

Google Wallet can no longer be used to sell physical goods. We have no replacement for that, instead Braintree would help you as a solution provider for your business.

never mention Google Checkout and are all false according to you along with this Google page

https://support.google.com/checkout/sell/answer/3080449?hl=en

makes no difference if you are transferring from GC or not the same process applies

Status
Not open for further replies.