Google shutting down Google Checkout on Nov 20, 2013 FURTHER INFORMATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why he is only talking about wallet for digital goods it because that's what checkout users will be transitioned to if they do nothing. That's why you asked in the first place... Exaclty as I said. I can sell hosting via wallet at any time right now. That's all that matters. Stop lying and bull....

Last edited:
The reason why he is only talking about wallet for digital goods it because that's what checkout users will be transitioned to if they do nothing. That's why you asked in the first place... Exaclty as I said. I can sell hosting via wallet at any time right now. That's all that matters. Stop lying and bull....

well do as Art says and you ask the question or are you frightened that you will get the same reply as as both me and Alex. who even asked the diff between Google Wallet for Digital Goods and Google for Business ( and the latter being the actual Department and not the product/service) questions were asked that never mentioned Google Checkout.

Well, since Collabora mentioned he wasn't going to contact Google and we cannot drag this argument forever (I feel like we are going in circles), it is best to temporarily close this thread until further information is available, at which point we will try to update it.

Time will tell.

I promised to update this thread should further information is available.

I was just forwarded a direct response from Google, which is possibly the most specific reply to date regarding if web hosting can be sold with Google's merchant platform.

The question was asked having the aforementioned sign-up instructions proposed earlier in this thread. In summary, "when you sign up here (http://www.google.com/wallet/business/) you'll be taken to the API information page. By selecting Digital Goods, then filling out form and selecting Internet, Network, and Digital Media (not selecting Services) as Primary product type - that would allow you to sell web hosting and domain registration services."

The answer:

Thank you for your question.

I understand that a merchant from an online blog gave out information that you can sign up for Google Wallet for Digital Goods and be able to sell web hosting. However, web hosting is classified here in Google that it is a type of a service that we can no longer support give that Google Checkout is retiring on November 20, 2013. If ever a merchant found a way to set up an account to sell web hosting using Google Wallet for Digital Goods, please be informed that Google is constantly reviewing our merchant accounts, and once it is reviewed, the account will then be suspended and further closed by Google. I understand if you still want to try to setup a merchant account using Google Wallet for Digital Goods, however we strongly don't recommend it to any of our existing Google Checkout merchants selling web hosting.

We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Eric
The Google Checkout Team

If you have additional questions, please visit our Help Center at http://support.google.com/checkout/sell/"

I think we can finally say this with full confidence: Google Wallet is not suitable and will not support web hosting as a type of service/product you can sell through it.

And if someone found a way to sign up while they are in transition period, it doesn't mean they'll be able to continue using the service come November, as Google will terminate such accounts.

So, enjoy it while it lasts.

Why didn't you ask about my signup which is different then the one you describe.

All of you guys always bring into the discussion stuff about Checkout, merchant accounts, digital goods, blah blah blah.
I've already done the leg work by producing documentation and web forms that allow web hosts to use Wallet, and the response here is been anything but constructive.

Can't anyone ask the simple question: Is there any way a web host can use Google Wallet on their site? If not, where is the documentation?

Last edited:
Why didn't you ask about my signup which is different then the one you describe.

All of you guys always bring into the discussion stuff about Checkout, merchant accounts, digital goods, blah blah blah.
I've already done the leg work by producing documentation and web forms that allow web hosts to use Wallet, and the response here is been anything but constructive.

Can't anyone ask the simple question: Is there any way a web host can use Google Wallet on their site? If not, where is the documentation?

Oh boy. :uhh:

I have nothing to say to that, except:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.