Good Places to advertise Web Hosting Company

PugetServers

Hi,
Fellow Hosting Discussion members i wanted some help on trying to advertise my company and wanted to know good places where i could post information regarding my companies offerings.

You can start buy adding information to your signature here. Then build up your involvement here and on other webmaster sites so you get exposure from your posts. Depending on the site, post periodic ads for your services in their sections that allow for advertising your services. Get your social media channels going and then look into smaller niche ad networks such as buysellads.com and just build up from there.

Great advice by XSV - most forums will permit you to add a signature with links to your website after you've made a certain number of non-fluff posts and been a member for a certain number of days.

Once you're permitted to advertise on those forums, most of them are free, while some charge a small fee. Most forums will allow you to run ads every seven days.

Hosting discussion is one of the best forums for that matter. There are also others of course: webhostingtalk.com, hostsearch.com, digitalpoint.com, freeforums.com, vpsboard.com, www.wjunction.com, empirehostingtalk.com and more. As i see, you can make a lot of contacts in these forums with people who can give you tips, suggestions and knowladge about web hosting. Set your account with your company details, being constant in the forums you can improve your rank and get more benefits( like signature and allowance to post ads and other good and useful stuff). Good luck :)

As others have said start by adding a signature to your profile. It's not just about signing up to a forum and advertising though. Browse the technical forums, help people where you can and raise your post count.

I won't go over what others have said, but Reddit advertising starts at something silly like $25 and on the respective subreddits - it usually lasts a month or more.

Oh and if you fancy it, Youtube tutorials for server-related things may help. I've seen a few companies do that.

I am not sure youtube isn't going to be very good place about web hosting. How would you keep their interest with frequent updates, videos etc.

I am not sure youtube isn't going to be very good place about web hosting. How would you keep their interest with frequent updates, videos etc.

For tutorials, it's a perfect place. There's tutorials about anything and everything on Youtube. A simple tutorial - with a logo or link to your company would surely generate some traffic - customers maybe, as well.

If you ever watch any Worpress, joomal and Drupal tuts on youtube, about 99% of them have about the first 20 minutes of nothing but how to buy hosting with a certain hosting company, most definitely they're affiliates, and how to install the three CMS packages through cPanel.

Sometimes I wonder just how many of their 1000's of viewers signup with those hosting companies, probably a lot of them.

For tutorials, it's a perfect place. There's tutorials about anything and everything on Youtube. A simple tutorial - with a logo or link to your company would surely generate some traffic - customers maybe, as well.

From that point of view you are right. I was thinking about video channel for the company. So wandered about that. Tutorial must be host related at least.
Not sure how you'll generate traffic if you upload tutorials not related to webhosting because you'll be getting the attention from people not looking for hosting :) Or i am mistaken?

I'm a strong believer in using video content to drive traffic and engage with customers.

One thing that many many people ignore is the personable element to dealing with customers and how you approach them. Whilst it's very important to remember the bottom line and that exist to make a profit, just make sure you always remember how you would like to be treated if you were a customer.

In this world, we rarely get to deal with people face-to-face, so you need to ask yourself 'How can I make my web service personable, as though it were face-to-face?'. You aren't just advertising your business, you need to be able to convert that visitor to a client.

I'm also a strong believer what I call the 'customer journey' and it's taking a prospective client, converting them, maturing them and retaining them. It's okay getting somebody on board as a client, but building a relationship with them will go a long way to driving up retention of your customers too.

People have made some great suggestions here about where you can be posting, a strong social media strategy is also equally important. Counting back 5+ years ago, web hosting forums used to be the making of a provider, but the market is more saturated now and you'll need to find different things to do.

Best of luck with it!

Hello, have you tried google adwords advertising, you can display text ads on search engine while people are searching for product related to your service like web hosting or something. Or you can show your ads on display ads like display banner showing your features and services.

This forum is a good point to start and can olso to try google facebook and other social media.
Try to buy ads on website that have offert.

You can try WHT, but they are pretty insular over there. They have their favourites, although you can still get your business on there.

You can try WHT, but they are pretty insular over there. They have their favourites, although you can still get your business on there.

WHT is no longer as good as last time. i knew some of providers give up to renew the corporate membership due to poor sales lead over there.

WHT is no longer as good as last time. i knew some of providers give up to renew the corporate membership due to poor sales lead over there.

I really cannot see any justification in paying for Corporate membership at WHT anymore.

The issue with WHT in my eyes is that there's now many more providers than potential customers at the lower end. If you're a dedicated server, IP transit or colo provider, it's different, because you can still reach out to hosting providers.

But if you're selling Shared & Reseller, you're actually advertising to the many thousands of non-registered WHT visitors who are searching. It's less effective that it was years ago, but for the sake of two minutes, it doesn't harm to post an offer thread there.

I really cannot see any justification in paying for Corporate membership at WHT anymore.

The issue with WHT in my eyes is that there's now many more providers than potential customers at the lower end. If you're a dedicated server, IP transit or colo provider, it's different, because you can still reach out to hosting providers.

But if you're selling Shared & Reseller, you're actually advertising to the many thousands of non-registered WHT visitors who are searching. It's less effective that it was years ago, but for the sake of two minutes, it doesn't harm to post an offer thread there.

We are mainly focus on virtual server and dedicated server. Compare to Lowendtalk, WHT did not bring in any sales lead also.

Beside, me and my boss was banned by them.