GoDaddy vs. HostGator

That's no different from saying, don't buy a car from a huge manufacturer. While we're at it, don't use Google either. They're huge!

That's no different from saying, don't buy a car from a huge manufacturer. While we're at it, don't use Google either. They're huge!

LOL... That is just exactly what I was thinking as I read the above reply. What does their size have to do with any of it. They are reputable and offer reliable services for a good value then why not.

3.4 Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.

3.5 You are not allowed to post affiliate links anywhere on the HostingDiscussion forums (including signatures).

http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/rules.php

I would take hostgator over godaddy just because godaddy has sleazy Superbowl commercials and I think there servers are slow.

HostGator is expected to have a commercial at one of the next SuperBowls - hopefully you like theirs better :smash:

As mentioned by others, HostGator is the king of reseller hosting. They have figured out the appropriate mixture of server composition and grow accordingly.

Comparing these two hostgator with Godaddy will be like comparing apple with orange. They both are popular in the specific feild. As Godaddy is well known as most popular domain registrar and hostgator is popular webhost.

It's always a good idea to host your domains separately, i.e. away from the company you're using as your registrar. Godaddy is great as a registrar. I've never used them for hosting purposes, though. As for HG, I did once have a blog hosted on one of their shared hosting packages. Never tried their reseller hosting. I would recommend that you try it out for yourself if they have a money back guanratee. That way you can get your money back in case you choose to not continue with them.

Both are the most known on the web hosting market and even though they say gator treats you like number,I think gator is better

Here's what I see in this thread.
A lot of people "voting" but very little evidence that these people have any experience with either company when it comes to hosting.

Perhaps it would have a little more value if people who actually have used the services replied.