GoDaddy vs. HostGator

Zagor

Can you tell me your experiences with those two companies regarding reselling packages? I was advised to engage with either of them, since they are both good. But because I'm completely new to all this, those two are the same for me. Can you shed more light on that?

Thanks!

In general, GoDaddy is more highly regarded as a domain registrar and HostGator as a web hosting provider.

Do you want to resell domains or hosting from GoDaddy and HostGator?

Well, actually I want to do both. I also heard that I should go with GoDaddy regarding domain reselling and HostGator regarding hosting reselling. I will have to investigate more.

Well, in terms of reselling hosting, the business model will be every different with the two hosts. With Godaddy you resell their packages and services as you see them on their site. With Hostgator you get a lump of space and data transfer which you can then slice any way you please.

Godaddy is a popular domain provider, with wildwestdomains being their reselling brand I think. Enom is a popular direct competitor of theirs, as is directi.

From personal experience, HG's hosting is far superior.

hostgator is very bad hosting. cancellation hosting with no return data / money is normally in hostgator..

. I don´t know Godaddy hosting..

Well, in terms of reselling hosting, the business model will be every different with the two hosts. With Godaddy you resell their packages and services as you see them on their site. With Hostgator you get a lump of space and data transfer which you can then slice any way you please.

Godaddy is a popular domain provider, with wildwestdomains being their reselling brand I think. Enom is a popular direct competitor of theirs, as is directi.

From personal experience, HG's hosting is far superior.

I like to distribute my odds and that's why I have hosting with two different hosts, GoDaddy and ************. I will try HostGator soon and look into details.

GoDaddy has the worst support team for hosting issues. I would choose services as Mike said..

If something is true, that is it! GoDaddy really has the worst support team for hosting issues! I experienced this on my own skin several times.

I use GoDaddy for my domain registrar and have briefly used their hosting. I didn't like the setup of their hosting and couldn't really figure it all out so I went ahead and switched my hosting.

I really hate their organization of features both in control panel and your customer account. I must jump through both of those just to set some of the basic things.

hostgator is very bad hosting. (slow server, hostgator offer unlimited, but, bad support . .if you have several GB / bandwidth, hostgator suspended your account. They have a very slow cpanel (Reading: 2 minutes. On my server: 10 seconds)

I think it would be best bet to spend a little more money to find an actual provider that has limitation.

Preferably a non oversold host

(slow server, hostgator offer unlimited, but, bad support . .if you have several GB / bandwidth, hostgator suspended your account. They have a very slow cpanel (Reading: 2 minutes. On my server: 10 seconds)

Definitely not the service as I've experienced it. Slowness and downtime are very rare occurrences.

They don't suspend accounts on a whim. It would be counterproductive and they're smarter than that (or they wouldn't have grown so fast). If you bring the server to halt they must act though.

Definitely not the service as I've experienced it. Slowness and downtime are very rare occurrences.

They don't suspend accounts on a whim. It would be counterproductive and they're smarter than that (or they wouldn't have grown so fast). If you bring the server to halt they must act though.
I'd have to agree. You can't sustain growth like HostGator has if you have BAD support.

We use godaddy and are pretty happy with it. We find it more than sufficient for our needs. We haven't run into problems with it as far as customer service or troubleshooting goes.

There most likely 2 diffrent companys, One Specializes in Domains and the Other one specializes in web hosting.

GoDaddy; Domains
Host Gator; Hosting

Thats what they are, If you looking for a domain go to GoDaddy for Web hosting go to Host Gator simple...