free reseller account

You say it is common yet I have never heard of it.
It happened to you. A lot of things seem to happen to you based on your posting here.
I still would like to see some evidence that people are really using free accounts to bash other hosts.

I've been doing this for 10 years now and my experience has been just the opposite of what yours often seems to be.

this is the site i had taken down

http://web.archive.org/web/20100910122435/http://stayawaylist.cz.cc/

admin and firstnetserv are the same person on that site

Last edited:
The biggest issue I see with "free" web hosts is that one day they could be there and the next day they might not. Since you don't have any real agreement with them, they could just be wiped off the face of the earth one day and its users could be left without their data.

I am also weary about the security of such free services. Security upkeep is expensive and how can free hosts afford to maintain secure servers and networks?

Security upkeep is expensive and how can free hosts afford to maintain secure servers and networks?

simple answer thay dont have any.

We took over such a free hosting company a few years ago and when we looked at their server they had no security setup (not even CSF which is free). when we informed all their clients that we took them over and would no longer be providing free hosting 80% of the clients left while the other 20% agreed to say, some even taking out our higher plans

Not even CSF? No wonder it's free hosting!

yup i could not believe it myself as when i get a new server its the first thing i install and then i secure down the server before adding anything else. as its free i cant see whay even a free host does not add it as it does not cost them anything

yup i could not believe it myself as when i get a new server its the first thing i install and then i secure down the server before adding anything else. as its free i cant see whay even a free host does not add it as it does not cost them anything

That's unbelievable. Another reason to stay away from "free" hosts.

There is a way to do free reseller accounts so that the reseller can sell web hosting, SSL, and domains.

You set a base price one what you have to have to run your business. At that point you give the reseller an account to access and resell your services/products. You make the difference between what your cost is and what you are charging them. None of their customers get access to anything until you are paid.

Think about all these larger hosting companies paying out $50-$75 per sale for a hosting account. They could drastically reduce their expenditures just but allowing someone a free reseller account and following the same business model.

All of you are running affiliate programs I am sure. Some are paying up to 30% maybe even more.
So there is no huge difference in the affiliate program and the free reseller. The big difference is however that the reseller is building his brand name. And they will be able to set their own rates that the customer sees. So they get to make what it is they are wishing to make while at the same time not having to spend money on servers and maintenance costs.

They may or may not have to provide support that all depends on your decided setup. You can opt to provide support as well to them and their customers via a white labeled support mechanism. You may or may not charge extra for this it all depends on how you wish to set it up.

You have to think about it like this. You are already pressed to try and bring in customers which is already a hard task especially with all these bogus I will do anything for a dollar companies that we see come and go all the time. You are actually offsetting your advertising to others so they are spending their money while you just take a backseat and let them worry about sells.

You will no doubt get tons of signups and many will not make it much at all. You will no doubt up your domain registration is they opt to get a domain that is not free like a .COM/.NET or some other TLD.

So you are going to up your domain sells most likely.
And a certain amount of them will actually make it and boost your sales.

So you are taking your marketing efforts and growing them exponentially without the added effort on your part.

All this really only costs you the time to answer the questions of the reseller for the most part and what small amount of resources it takes to store all those signups you get for resellers.

The reseller will have to think like a smart VAR to make their business grow and prosper.

Even if you do find a free reseller, I would stay away. You will not be in business long trusting the back bone of your business to a free reseller acct.

I don't think that you will find anyone who provide the free reseller account but you will get cheaper reseller plan.You can check the promotin codes and money back guarantee from the providers.

Any free stuff is a huge compromise on quality. Your best bet is to find enough customers under you so that your own account becomes before. For other things, now a days many big webhosts give out lots of free goodies with the reseller accounts making it cost effective.

I havent seen any and I know that my company do not. But we and a lot of other companies do provides discounts, special offers, xx free months on reseller packages.

We are working at the moment to provide customers that sign up to our resellers account 3 months free but still looking into this option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansrtch