Flash tutorials for cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

loafer

We are looking for a good supplier of cpanel flash tutorials in the 'rv blue' theme. Does anyone know anywhere that does them since hostingdemos.com went bang?

Cheers,
Loaf.
:dance:

I've read many posts on other hosting forums praising DemoDemo.com not only for the quality of the tutorials but also the way the proprietor conducts business.

we also are using demodemo tutorials, it´s worth it . Only thing to say is due to upgrades of control panels versions, it needs continue reinvesting

Regards

I would rather pay for DemoDemo (which I did) than pay a rip off artist who stole the original idea.

DemoDemo.com looks like it has really good tutorials, just that they need to update a few skins and that since some stuff has changed latetly like in GoDaddy.com design for example.

Blue - you could say the same thing about website design, obviously somebody had to have the idea first...everybody else just followed on.

The same with DemoDemo.com - without competition the industry would suffer, and with software available for public purchase, to create the demos....I see no problem :)

Anthony, I don't have a problem with legitimate competition.

The problem is, the majority of Demo Demo competitors are 14 year olds with a warez version of RoboDemo and no expenses. Also, many of them don't just rip the DemoDemo idea, they troll Vito's sites and steal other ideas as well.

The web design analogy only works if the design is a rip of an original.

I see your point, and it is a valid one - I don't really see how anybody can run a business successfully with a non-legitimate version of any software and zero expenses, that's not really a business as far as you can throw it.

I have no experience with DemoDemo.com but I know that Vito is great at the way that he conducts his business, and his products are of the highest quality :)

Blue said:
Anthony, I don't have a problem with legitimate competition.

The problem is, the majority of Demo Demo competitors are 14 year olds with a warez version of RoboDemo and no expenses. Also, many of them don't just rip the DemoDemo idea, they troll Vito's sites and steal other ideas as well.

The web design analogy only works if the design is a rip of an original.

I really hate to make my first post here as a reply to a post such as this, but I will because statements like this chap my hind end!

I am not a 14 year old kid. Nor do I use a warez version of Robodemo. I don't "rip' or "troll" sites. If I see things correctly, I offer tutorials before other companies AND offer tutorials that others do NOT offer.

Just to clarify your statement of The problem is, the majority of Demo Demo competitors are 14 year olds with a warez version of RoboDemo and no expenses, can you provide a few of these sites? I will be happy to provide double the number of sites that are NOT what you claim. I only want to clarify your definition of the word majority.

Blue said:
I would rather pay for DemoDemo (which I did) than pay a rip off artist who stole the original idea.

I can only assume that you are not the owner of the site listed in your signature, hampshirehosting.com. I only assume that because you are an "original idea type of guy", am I correct? Seeing "another" web host offering cPanel, Fantastico and four hosting plans just makes me think of a "rip" or a "troll" that got the idea from someone else.

At any rate, I will not go on about the statements that you have made, nor will I reply back to this thread. I have said my peace on the matter. I would however expect a bit more professionalism.

:mad:

Seeing "another" web host offering cPanel, Fantastico and four hosting plans just makes me think of a "rip" or a "troll" that got the idea from someone else.

At any rate, I will not go on about the statements that you have made, nor will I reply back to this thread. I have said my peace on the matter. I would however expect a bit more professionalism.

Perhaps you could expand on this?
How does using cPanel/Fantastico and four hosting plans make you think of "rip" and "troll" again?
Since this if your first post here I'll let it go since you obviously haven't done much reading.

Whether or not you reply to this thread is unimportant, but if you really expect more "professionalism" don't you think you should present a little professionalism yourself instead of making a silly, defensive post like this one.

I stand by my opinions and I stand by my backing of Demo Demo. You seem to be a little over sensitive to the issue.

CheapDemo's you are completely off. Your theory means that every flash demo provider using RoboDemo is just copying everyone else. The fact that HampshireHosting offers cPanel & Fantastico doesn't mean they are copying, anyone who would be willing to sacrifice functionality for originality is not business minded.

One thing that I would want to add real quick is that flash tutorials aren't that hard to do on your own. A search at download.com will result in many screen capture programs that record your desktop in video mode.

You simply make a video of yourself using the control panel, then import the video into flash, adding key frames/pauses where you also have text to spell it out.

While many of the tutorials that are out there are good, many people who pruchase them complain or wonder if they can be branded to fit 100% with the layout/look of their site.

When it comes down to it, for smaller providers it is probably cheaper to use a desktop video capture program and convert to Macromedia Flash (free trial/download of it for 30 days) - and do it on their own.

Another thing that I would like to add is that I havent really had that many customers complain that something like cPanel is overly difficult to use (of course, most of my customers are current/former call center technicans that are familar with comptuers allready).

While flash tutorials are nice - I havent run into too many problems from not offering them as part of my support structure - rather, we us FAQ/KB/Tutorials.

One of the best/easiest ways for a tutorial is a simple HTML table, with two rows - one row for screen shot thumbnails (click to enlarge in a new window) and the instructions in the other row - classic style for how many colleges and universities distribute documentation and it works out to be quite effective/eaisly followed by customers with little/no technical knoweldge.

nocturnalhostin said:
One thing that I would want to add real quick is that flash tutorials aren't that hard to do on your own. A search at download.com will result in many screen capture programs that record your desktop in video mode.

You simply make a video of yourself using the control panel, then import the video into flash, adding key frames/pauses where you also have text to spell it out.

While many of the tutorials that are out there are good, many people who pruchase them complain or wonder if they can be branded to fit 100% with the layout/look of their site.

When it comes down to it, for smaller providers it is probably cheaper to use a desktop video capture program and convert to Macromedia Flash (free trial/download of it for 30 days) - and do it on their own.

Another thing that I would like to add is that I havent really had that many customers complain that something like cPanel is overly difficult to use (of course, most of my customers are current/former call center technicans that are familar with comptuers allready).

While flash tutorials are nice - I havent run into too many problems from not offering them as part of my support structure - rather, we us FAQ/KB/Tutorials.

One of the best/easiest ways for a tutorial is a simple HTML table, with two rows - one row for screen shot thumbnails (click to enlarge in a new window) and the instructions in the other row - classic style for how many colleges and universities distribute documentation and it works out to be quite effective/eaisly followed by customers with little/no technical knoweldge.
We use RoboDemo, and there is absolutely no problems branding them in any way.

RoboDemo costs a pretty penny though, so it may not be for everyone.

While you may have never got complaints that CPanel is hard to use...there are many clients who are silent about their problems, and will just try to work through it themselves, silently wishing you had something that walked them through it.

Eventually, if that client can't figure out what they're doing, they will do one of two things.....submit a ticket and ask, or simply quietly leave.

I forgot who we got our from, but they branded them with our logo and we got about 40 of them for under $30! take a look if you want, they are under support.

Status
Not open for further replies.