Do you outsource support?

I get sick of all the spam offering to increase by business if i use them and these are originate from Indian Companies.

If these companies think i would deal with a spammer, i stopped reporting these to spamcop as its clear their main hosts/DC ignore spam reports

If you are new to the business, in my opinion it is better if you do it by yourself rather than going outsource. Because it is best that you know the problem and fix it by yourself so that you will earn knowledge if ever you encountered same situations.

It all depends on the load of work and tickets you have. There is nothing wrong with outsourcing support if it's reliable and prompt.

It all depends on the load of work and tickets you have. There is nothing wrong with outsourcing support if it's reliable and prompt.

i never trust outsourced support. in my 11 years as a webhost and a 1 man band i have handle all support myself. even having 6+ support tickets/live chat request open at the same time.

yes it can be hard, but if i did not like the, then i would not have worked at it for 11 years. as long as you prioritise the support correctly then anyone can do it themselves.

i never trust outsourced support. in my 11 years as a webhost and a 1 man band i have handle all support myself. even having 6+ support tickets/live chat request open at the same time.

yes it can be hard, but if i did not like the, then i would not have worked at it for 11 years. as long as you prioritise the support correctly then anyone can do it themselves.

How do you solve such difficult issue? Do you continuously study by books or by means of Googling?

How do you solve such difficult issue? Do you continuously study by books or by means of Googling?

depends on issue, but yes i have several books and if i solve a new issue i write down the steps to solve it for future use, also google. But also my upstream provider has even solved issues before i even knew their was an issue.

But i would not pay for outsourced support

We do most of our support in house mostly because we have very few technical issues and the clients don't submit tickets very often. We have a management company we do use but only for a problem we can't figure out how to fix on one of our servers. It is hard to find outside help but you really have to do a lot of investigation before you hire them.

We don't provide support through third party services. All you need to do is prioritize & create schedules for your support agents.
Divide it throughout the day.

However, if we face technical issues, we try to take professional help from the creators of the software we are using. As that's the most reliable & fastest thing to do.

Outsourcing is not bad if done properly.

I have used outsourced support for my other company and never had issues, but before outsourcing I interviewed each and every tech who was going to work for my company and not only this i visited the company where i outsourced my support and personally trained the techs for around 1 week.

But then i really had peace of mind as outsourced support was much cheaper for me then in house support and no headache of techs asking for leave as now it was headache of the company where i outsourced my support.

All you need to do is prioritize & create schedules for your support agents. Divide it throughout the day.

However, if we face technical issues, we try to take professional help from the creators of the software we are using. As that's the most reliable & fastest thing to do.

Assuming that the company has enough to schedule but some companies are way too smaller in terms of human resource than the number required to offer meaningful support in reasonable time. Some times they are even constrained by other factors like space to expand their support centre hence the need for outsourcing. By The Way you are doing some kind of out sourcing combined with in house support from your last paragraph.

Assuming that the company has enough to schedule but some companies are way too smaller in terms of human resource than the number required to offer meaningful support in reasonable time. Some times they are even constrained by other factors like space to expand their support centre hence the need for outsourcing. By The Way you are doing some kind of out sourcing combined with in house support from your last paragraph.

I am a 1 man band and have been since i started in 1999 and have never considered outsourcing support and never will. i have an extensive KB and handle all support myself

We don't need outsource support since we are able to manage everything ourselves and we have in-house technical staffs to manage and resolve all the issues

No I never outsource. If I or my team can't run our company, then why on earth would I get some one that I don't know run it. It feels like I am just handing my child to some stranger off the street and saying here take care of my baby.

Simple answer : We do not. We are small business, trying to take care of customer issues ourselves. I understand that, when business gets bigger, you might wanna outsource lower level stuff. At this point, we have no intention to do so.

I think that if a company can afford personal support is way better for the customers but in the last few years i observe many companies mainly large outsourced their support in Bulgaria. Its not a secret here the labour is cheaper and looks like they prefer this option.

We don't outsource support. I feel that the web hosting industry is hard to gain new customer's so you should really be providing all of your customer's with the best support possible in order to keep them.

We are not outsourcing support. We have our own skilled team for providing high quality support and in-time support to our clients.

Building company's own team is better as compared to outsourcing it.

Last edited:
We don't outsource support. Outsource is like to have others in control, and it is better to be close to our customers. Cheap doesn't mean quality all the time....Being not a big business is vital to keep our customers happy.

Regards

We have used outsourced support for years / we have managed to find a good team here and the USA but we work with them for the most part, So we have a 1st level outsourced team / we also have a level 3 more server admin support here in the USA as well / but we are always the buffer between and work with and or delgate ... for us it works

Dave

Last edited: