Client Portal

I use Blesta, but I admit, WHMCS has loads more of modules and plugins.

But Blesta's interface is simpler, smoother and a lot newer looking.

WHMCS looks very cluttered to me, and for me loaded a little slower than blesta ( on the admin end )

WHMCS is the market standard
Only because nobody can topple the behemoth that is WHMCS + cPanel

Give it time. About 10 years ago, Moldernbill was the 'market standard'. If they keep going the way they're going then they won't be the 'market standard' much longer.

If they keep going the way they're going then they won't be the 'market standard' much longer.

I agree.

what annoys me is when you submit a support ticket and then when they can be bothered to reply they always talk to you as if you are a child and then issue is your fault and never their software, even if you can prove it was working before they upgraded or did something to the software. which anyone with brains would know if it was working and then they did something then an issue appears to stop it working it is because they did what they did so their fault

Credit where credit is due.

Reading this thread yesterday I was concerned about opening a support ticket with WHMCS for a problem encountered upgrading to v7.2.2.

I got a real-person response this morning less than 10 minutes after opening the ticket and the problem was solved in less than an hour -- complete with a developer license to test upgrades in the future.

As very decent alternative, you may check ClientExec for your hosting billing and orders system. It has indeed a very good range of features / plugins and my self after using WHMCS and moving to ClientExec later on, I really appreciate their development and support. Check out their features list, I bet you will find everything you need and even beyond. The interface in the latest releases is truly awesome and very easy to navigate, find whatever you need. Client side done in a very neat way as well, overall both the software and support satisfying in my case. Besides the direct free support from their team, CE also got decent community on slack network where both users and CE Developers helping each other in making it even better. Ofc, don't count on my words only, go ahead, check the demo, read the features list, run your due diligence and figure out if that's for you.

P.S.: WHMCS is indeed very good solution, it is truly incredible software in terms of how complete it is for everything one hosting firm needs, but as alternative, I believe ClientExec is there at the top with WHMCS, can't think of other hosting/billing system with the ease and a solid interface as this two got.

Last edited:
WHMCS software provides best support in terms of Customer information, service management, billing and security. You can upgrade your software for better use.

WHMCS software provides best support in terms of Customer information.

Is that when you submit a support ticket and them 3+ days later if they can be bothered they will reply and then state the issue is your fault and not any fault of their software.

If you call this best support then you are in the wrong business

For all of its faults, I'm sticking with WHMCS.

That's my take on it also. Since putting it back on my site I am already getting inquiries from potential new customers. It isn't sending email notification to me though when new ticket is submitted and I've gone through and made sure the right things were either checked or unchecked according to their documentation. So I added my email address in the field that says Copy to: or something like that. I think I had to do the same thing in the past when I used WHMCS.

It is the easiest to use although it's not a simple program and it has so much in it I could not develop anything like it single handedly.

It isn't sending email notification to me though when new ticket is submitted and I've gone through and made sure the right things were either checked or unchecked according to their documentation. .

I had the same issue and WHMCS just blamed the mail settings as being PHP Mail() setup, so told me to change these to SMTP and then when this caused issues i was told to change to PHP Mail() and this went on and one when issues happened rather than them try and find out why their mail system kept failing, but like always they blame the user and not their software.
I set up SMTP now though sparkpost and never have had any issues

I had the same issue and WHMCS just blamed the mail settings as being PHP Mail() setup, so told me to change these to SMTP and then when this caused issues i was told to change to PHP Mail() and this went on and one when issues happened rather than them try and find out why their mail system kept failing, but like always they blame the user and not their software.
I set up SMTP now though sparkpost and never have had any issues

I basically did the same thing going back and forth between PHP and SMTP and their docs claim if neither works then it's your server. But the same email I used in WHMCS works fine elsewhere. I did additional testing to be sure the email and server are working and I am convinced the bug is in WHMCS.

WHMCS have a lot of advantages, And as long as you are keeping it secured and updated you will not meet any security issues.

Just make sure to take 12 hours backup
Set the files permissions and locations :
http://docs.whmcs.com/Further_Security_Steps

About its getting craked i've noticed that their team is more strict at the security side more than any time at the past.

Good luck.

I did additional testing to be sure the email and server are working and I am convinced the bug is in WHMCS.

yes that's my conclusion, but they wont have any of it. I think as long as people will pay them they don't care, it is like their backup system will not work under SFTP and this has been requested for the last 5 years

their team is more strict at the security side more than any time at the past.

pity they dont make their who system secure, as their backup system still uses unsecure FTP and they have been asked for the last 5 years to make it secure to work with SFTP

You can't really go wrong with WHMCS. It's proven itself time and time again to be a good mix of value/features.

They did have a bad spell of being "cracked" a few years ago but since the cPanel partnership that's thankfully been a thing of the past.

+1 for WHMCS

You can use WHMCS again and apply security tips on your WHMCS setup and secure your admin folder and enable two-factor authentication on admin account and cPanel account if you're on cPanel server, or better disable access to cPanel by blocking cPanel ports as long as you're on a server that hosts only your website.
I also recommend using tool like CXS to keep your server clean and protected from malware and infected files.
You also can do more thing to protect your WHMCS setup.

If you have experience with WHMCS in the past, it is best to save time & stick with it only.
Just do all the security configurations & buy Two-Factor authentication pack.
You should be fine then.

I would say WHMCS is by far the best portal you will find

There are a few out there now but its personal preference but would say whmcs is the market leader at the moment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airnode