Client Portal

webling

I used to use WHMCS until it got cracked and messed everything up. I didn't have backups to restore it, live and learn right? I really liked the software, very impressive and I liked what it did. But my knee jerk reaction was to stop paying WHMCS and get free software. But I'm not happy with my current software. I like the fact that it is free, but it's harder for clients. Am I being too much of a tight wad?

Lately I've been thinking of getting WHMCS again. It has the knowledge base and just about everything you need in it. I would just have to make sure I run daily backups I think. The thang is, I've had so much regrets about using popular software because it has been cracked so much I wonder if it's worth the effort. When I use free software nothing bad happens. The best I can surmise is that these crackers are after credit card information, ways to steal money through digital means.

I like to have the best for my clients, but I am a low energy person and it just floors me when something good is destroyed so quickly after putting in so much time and hard work. Is my attitude wrong? Should I take on a different perspective?

WHMCS hasn't been 'cracked' recently. It's been a few years since that whole debacle.

Now, that's not saying WHMCS is (or is not) secure, but it really hasn't been cracked recently. If you're on the latest versions, and keep yourself updated, it's not that hard to keep secure.

Lately I've been thinking of getting WHMCS again. It has the knowledge base and just about everything you need in it. I would just have to make sure I run daily backups I think. The thang is, I've had so much regrets about using popular software because it has been cracked so much I wonder if it's worth the effort. When I use free software nothing bad happens. The best I can surmise is that these crackers are after credit card information, ways to steal money through digital means.

WHMCS is the best that you can have for your clients. It is more reliable and easy to manage all your hosting accounts.

WHMCS might be or might not be the best CMS of this kind on the market. However, it is still affordable and if your got hacked or cracked or whatever, it is due to mismanagement. It is a goo idea to restrict the access to the administrative area.

WHMCS might be or might not be the best CMS of this kind on the market. However, it is still affordable and if your got hacked or cracked or whatever, it is due to mismanagement. It is a goo idea to restrict the access to the administrative area.

So then how would new clients register for products?

I used to use WHMCS until it got cracked and messed everything up. I didn't have backups to restore it, live and learn right? I really liked the software, very impressive and I liked what it did. But my knee jerk reaction was to stop paying WHMCS and get free software. But I'm not happy with my current software. I like the fact that it is free, but it's harder for clients. Am I being too much of a tight wad?

I like to have the best for my clients, but I am a low energy person and it just floors me when something good is destroyed so quickly after putting in so much time and hard work. Is my attitude wrong? Should I take on a different perspective?
Ask your new provider if they sell WHMCS licences as if they do it will most likely be far cheaper than a direct licence.

I was paying $20 a month direct for a WHMCS licence, but now i have a 120GB server with WHMCS for $29 a month ( the actual WHMCS licence is only $9 a month

Ask your new provider if they sell WHMCS licences as if they do it will most likely be far cheaper than a direct licence.

I was paying $20 a month direct for a WHMCS licence, but now i have a 120GB server with WHMCS for $29 a month ( the actual WHMCS licence is only $9 a month

I have heard it's cheaper buying it from a provider. When I got it directly from WHMCS it was about $18 a month.

Don't even think about it. If you want the best go with WHMCS. Secure it better or hire someone or some company to secure your server. And yes you should back it up. There is no point in using an inferior product, jmo.

Blesta is a decent alternative, it has most of the basics WHMCS has to offer with fewer addons. It is a lot cheaper, but most of the industry is used to WHMCS and its extended features.

I think you need to read my post...

I am considering getting WHMCS again even though my experiences with it in the past were hair raising even though there isn't much hair left up there to raise. Once, my credit card on their site was compromised and I had to get a new card. Fortunately the bank shut the card down and the cracker didn't get any money.

I have been on their site and reading about security measures. And because the https is actually working properly on my new server it may be worth a shot. I know that the provider I use has it and it makes life easier.

Last edited:
Once, my credit card on their site was compromised and I had to get a new card. F

You were not the only one compromised when they were hacked and had the database published online and i dare say many more jumped ship

This is what forced them to get a major partner (cPanel)

Blesta is a decent alternative, it has most of the basics WHMCS has to offer with fewer addons. It is a lot cheaper, but most of the industry is used to WHMCS and its extended features.

I use Blesta and can say WHMCS better for WebHosting Business. Just need read instruction and do security step.
If you can't do it, you can buy this service from WHMCS and they install software to your Server.

I use Blesta and can say WHMCS better for WebHosting Business. Just need read instruction and do security step.
If you can't do it, you can buy this service from WHMCS and they install software to your Server.

I did order a license for WHMCS today and I'm just waiting for them to give that to me as well as answer my support ticket. They don't seem to be real quick in delivering the new license. I have no problem installing the software. I have considered other alternatives but they didn't have the look, feel or functionality that WHMCS offers. I am working on security however and better server configuration, secure passwords, etc. So hopefully it will work out this time. I'm not rushing into it but working on things more thoroughly so I can set it up with the best security available.

When I used it the first time that's when I was getting more customers. So even though it carries a hefty price tag it may be worth the expense and effort of using it. I am also focusing on doing more regular backups as well as anything I can do to secure the site it will run on.

Troubles in our lives just help us improve when we have the insight not to give up.

I did order a license for WHMCS today and I'm just waiting for them to give that to me as well as answer my support ticket. They don't seem to be real quick in delivering the new license. I have no problem installing the software. I have considered other alternatives but they didn't have the look, feel or functionality that WHMCS offers. I am working on security however and better server configuration, secure passwords, etc. So hopefully it will work out this time. I'm not rushing into it but working on things more thoroughly so I can set it up with the best security available.

When I used it the first time that's when I was getting more customers. So even though it carries a hefty price tag it may be worth the expense and effort of using it. I am also focusing on doing more regular backups as well as anything I can do to secure the site it will run on.

Troubles in our lives just help us improve when we have the insight not to give up.

you ticket may be slow to reply as they just released version 7.2.1

you ticket may be slow to reply as they just released version 7.2.1

I'd say it is more than slow because this has been over a day since I ordered it. When I saw it was taking awhile I thought maybe by the end of the day I would have my license but it didn't happen yet. And even though I paid for it, the info is showing the invoice isn't paid yet. I submitted a support ticket with the payment number so they can verify the payment on their end and update any information necessary.

So judging by what you are saying because this new version is released a lot of people must be needing help with it. Sometimes I wonder if they should put more people on their support staff if it gets to the point of taking this long.

I'd say it is more than slow because this has been over a day since I ordered it. When I saw it was taking awhile I thought maybe by the end of the day I would have my license but it didn't happen yet. And even though I paid for it, the info is showing the invoice isn't paid yet. I submitted a support ticket with the payment number so they can verify the payment on their end and update any information necessary.

So judging by what you are saying because this new version is released a lot of people must be needing help with it. Sometimes I wonder if they should put more people on their support staff if it gets to the point of taking this long.
tickets always slower after a new release, and yes they fund wring things as for the last 5 years people have been asking then to update their backup feature to take backups under SFTP rather than unsecure FTP, but this has gone ignored, but then add features such as market connect ( allowing users to resell SSL, weebly and spamexpert) which most hosts will already resell through other sources, so just a waste of time.