Best domain provider ?

Strange, we have a client who just transferred a bunch of domains from name to another registrar and didn't mention having any issue.

Unless there was something contractually binding at signup that you would use their services for a defined period of time or face a penalty charge, then I don't see that any registrar can legally block you from moving registered domains elsewhere.

Strange, we have a client who just transferred a bunch of domains from name to another registrar and didn't mention having any issue.

Unless there was something contractually binding at signup that you would use their services for a defined period of time or face a penalty charge, then I don't see that any registrar can legally block you from moving registered domains elsewhere.
No it was a basic .co.uk domain. after the 60 days period where you cannot transfer away. i started the process with the new registrar as i have done with many others before without issue, only for this to fail, then when i enquired i was told its because i did not pay their admin fee to allow domain transfers.
i explained .co.uk domains are free transfers, but they would not have any of it