2CheckOut new fee structure

Ah was probably looking at a cached version previously, woops :).

2CheckOut seems to be constantly changing their pricing though, monthly fee, no monthly fee, transaction fee changes etc.... - Hopefully they find what works best for them soon and actually stick with it, better yet make the 2.9% transaction fee global :)!

yes a globally set fee structure would be better all round, but in the UK now we are allowed to pass on these fees direct to customers, which does make it hard to work out if using payment providers with different fees.

i find the worse about 2co is if you dont have any sales through them in a 4 month period they will disable your account and then say you are free to set up a new account, but without and discount codes.

I told them this was unethical as they cant force a seller to have their clients use them, but they would have non of it as it was stated in their terms. strange as soon as informed them i would pass this onto the FSA they reinstated my account which they said they could not do

Last edited:
I guess they lost a lot of business with that Mastercard processing fiasco and are not struggling to recover some market share.

I guess they lost a lot of business with that Mastercard processing fiasco and are not struggling to recover some market share.

i assume you mean 'now' , well if they want to recover this then they need to train their staff in customer relations

Pretty happy about them lowering their fees. I use 2checkout and it has proven to be way better than a Paypal merchant account.

Is it that the merchants from outside cannot get the new fees ? I mean if a US client pays us, then will it be 2.9% or 5.5% ?

Is it that the merchants from outside cannot get the new fees ? I mean if a US client pays us, then will it be 2.9% or 5.5% ?

the fees are merchant fees and nothing to do with where your clients are.

i.e.

1) your business address is outside of the USA and your clients are in the USA then you would pay 5.5%

2) your business address is in the USA and your clients are outside the USA then you would pay 2.9%

Lucky for those using 2checkout and are based in the United States as the new fees are 2.9% + 0.30 vs the usual 5.5% + 0.45

Alex,
Does Arvixe offer 2CO as a method of payment (or do you have legacy clients still being billed on 2CO like us) ? We used them between 2001 - 2004 before we got our own Authorize.net account.

That's fine, if you're based in the United States. Like me who's based in the UK (or just outside of it), I have to pay the full 5.5% + the small fee.

PayPal's $3.4% + $0.20 is bad enough, but 2CO is just out of the question for us at the moment.

That's fine, if you're based in the United States. Like me who's based in the UK (or just outside of it), I have to pay the full 5.5% + the small fee.

PayPal's $3.4% + $0.20 is bad enough, but 2CO is just out of the question for us at the moment.

yes we get hit hard in the UK. I have started to offer gocardless (direct debits) they only charge 1% to a max. of ÂŁ2 also use Payatrader

I've actually never liked 2checkout it's extremely expensive for what it does and honestly there are better ones out there which is why I never used it... 5.5% is ridiculous.

Alex why dont you choose another provider? I am sure there are many out there you can associate with to accept payments online. Plimus is one of them

Pretty happy about them lowering their fees. I use 2checkout and it has proven to be way better than a Paypal merchant account.

Really!?! I find the complete opposite! I love PayPal and always prefer it. Once the payment is in paypal you have the money right away. 2CO they hold your money ransom until you reach a payout threshold. It sucks!

Really!?! I find the complete opposite! I love PayPal and always prefer it. Once the payment is in paypal you have the money right away. 2CO they hold your money ransom until you reach a payout threshold. It sucks!

Also with Paypal they wont close down or restrict your account if you dont have transactions through them in 4 months.

2co force you to either make a ghost transaction or force your clients to use them within every 4 month period or they will restrict your account to a pay out only account, so you wont be able to accept payments.

Also with Paypal they wont close down or restrict your account if you dont have transactions through them in 4 months.

2co force you to either make a ghost transaction or force your clients to use them within every 4 month period or they will restrict your account to a pay out only account, so you wont be able to accept payments.

Really? Glad I haven't had to experience that...!

First I hear of this, is this new? I guess if you are not processing a single transaction within a 4 month window then there is really no need for your account anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1hosting