YardVPS Sucks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to hear that. YardVps, is not a website I would typically hire in the first place, there website lacks of detail, to plain, It seems as if a 13 Year old created the website. They should refund the money, depending on what you paid to them file a dispute with that payment processor, and next time before you go on purchasing a server. Do research about the website, Whois it. See how long they been in business. See if there is any reviews about the website. If they offer poor services, trust me you can find a review on the website.

I hope everything goes we'll, and my advice helped.

I am sorry to hear that. YardVps, is not a website I would typically hire in the first place, there website lacks of detail, to plain, It seems as if a 13 Year old created the website. They should refund the money, depending on what you paid to them file a dispute with that payment processor, and next time before you go on purchasing a server. Do research about the website, Whois it. See how long they been in business. See if there is any reviews about the website. If they offer poor services, trust me you can find a review on the website.

I hope everything goes we'll, and my advice helped.

Have you read the posts above you?
YardVPS sells unmanaged VPS.

As far as the comment of how the website looks, I don't think its very relevant. While this is not a website review forum, I personally like how the website looks, and I don't think the look of the site in this case is relevant to the service they provide.

Quite late to reply, anyway I like to hijack one more thread :) Sometimes it is really hard to convince few clients to upgrade their services to the next level. Most probably they won't be ready to pay few bucks on advanced level hosting services when they really need to upgrade. Even they not in a mood to understand anything.

In my opinion, if someone post any bad review about any web hosting company. He/She need to make sure to post some evidences about their experience such as chat logs or support ticket replies.

Yard vps does not suck at all...

I have 3 15/year vps boxes with yard vps.

Personally, I think they are fantastic.

I operate a file storage service for my website training material on one box, use a second as a mirror, and the third as a training host service that teaches basic web hosting with kloxo as an administrative service.

Regarding uptime, I get on average a 97.5 uptime across all three, however the mirror was up for 6 months 100%, then down for about 15 mins for some reason, which borked the up times.
Drive io rates on the systems peaked close to 85 Meg/s on the low end boxes...

Some higher cost vps systems don't even come close to that.

The images they provide are clean and effective.

Decent transfer rates for a vps too, let alone a 15 year one.

My collegue purchased a photon vps system from their parent company, the setup was clean, quick, reasonable and the control panel was pre configured correctly.

All in all I think the systems, if you buy them for the reasons that you SHOULD, are great.

I sure could use another one of these puppies, I just wish they were still sold.

Last edited:
That pricing is just incredibly cheap, personally I wouldn't expect much from it, so 97.5 might be okay for some personal projects.

Hello People

I want to share this bad experience with you or any other people out there: DO NOT HIRE SERVICES FROM YardVPS.

Why?

In less than a month, since i hired, my vps went down more than 3 times. Their support guys seem like they laugh in front of your face; they're not able to spend more than 10 words in every answer and they don't even apologize for their poor service.

I'm very upset. I sadly spent my money for a 1 year plan and i'm now requesting a refund.

Their Lowend VPS is just for experiment, they've lots of users so they can't give you a more then 1 minute.

$1 - $3 Fees of PayPal,bank,etc.. so they get $13 and also they provide 1 Dedicated IP Address.

so $13/12 = $1.08/m

$1.08 - IP Address Price($0.50)

So they get $0.50/m from you

In 0.50 Cent you can't get Support + 99.9% Uptime + Quality + Fast Server :sad:

My thought is this is an openvz vps with a num_proc limit low enough that it doesn't kill the server. Part of the problem with budget vps providers is they offer you unlimited processes on a oversold server which causes the issue that we have see with hosts like Hostrail and BroHost. This was there big downfall.

I personally feel more information should be provided till we make accusations towards the companies. Let's hope he comes back and provides us the validations before ripping out a company.

- Just on the side note i've seen good and bad reviews about this host.

Webpolise,

I just wanted to say my condolence to your bad experience with YardVPS. If there is anything I can do to assist you please let me know.

Thanks,
Logan Falletta

Status
Not open for further replies.