Why not use PayPal?

All that changed many years ago. Now PayPal is actually a Bank and is FDIC insured as a bank.

That all changed when they were bought by eBay and become eBay only payment method.

Many years ago they had registered offices in the UK, but their EU arm were forced to move to Luxembourg when the FSA cancelled their registration due to their policies not set to protect buyers (ie. you can set up a PP account and then a website offering downloadable items, but infact you have no downloadable products, but you take money for these, but a buyer will get no help or refund from PP) so in a way they are aiding scammers.

the main issue we get with PP is they have a habit of cancelling subscriptions without any notice without instructions from us or our clients and when i call them i am told it must be a clitch in the system and wont happen again ( well that is until it happens again) and then they tell you the same thing.
we stopped offering PP subs due to this issue and decided we will use the Billing Agreements method, but needed to get Reference Transactions enabled on our account, but then told you need to upgrade to Paypal Pro for this and that is £20 a month. well that is wrong after i spoke to several companies that use this method, but PP would have none of this, so i simple followed what other stated and signed up with Braintree a PP company and this gives your Reference Transactions on your PP account when you click the option to enable PP

We provide PayPal payment for our customers but can understand providers not doing it. Working with paypal and the paypal support can be annoying ;).

PayPal is good way but many countries dont have a PayPal so they are forced to use different options such as Payeer,Payoneer,2Checkout etc..

Have been using paypal since day one i have became a seller.
If you provide enough proof and your customer did something that isn't allowed to your terms you will not have any problem winning the case.

I prefer PayPal over any payment gateway there is.

Have been using paypal since day one i have became a seller.
If you provide enough proof and your customer did something that isn't allowed to your terms you will not have any problem winning the case.

I prefer PayPal over any payment gateway there is.
it is most preferred because its have the largest users, but its have highest fee for seller too

what is the second largest users for payment processing? or better just accepting credit card?

Well PayPal work fine for me and i have never had a problem with them, i had a client who tried to make a dispute but they didn't win. I suggest using Paypal and Stripe

WE never us etc use PayPal but so many people were asking for it so it was implemented

Its increased sales since adding the option and we dint seem to have had the fraud that i thought we would have had

If I had time to give you a list of reasons why, I would!

We have had the account years and even use it for offline businesses we run, 72 hour withdrawals have been going on now for well over 6 months!

Their fees are ridiculous when compared to credit card processors we prefer to have customers in our stripe system, it is cheaper and we have no hassle

if we are providing good service then nothing to worry about dispute. I use Paypal and had no issues

I agree too, i use PayPal for years now but i won't recommend to any one, :disagree:
What if customer raises dispute @179th day of the service? :shaky:
On these cases the chances are very less on sellers favor, :shocked:

I agree too, i use PayPal for years now but i won't recommend to any one, :disagree:
What if customer raises dispute @179th day of the service? :shaky:
On these cases the chances are very less on sellers favor, :shocked:

The fact with paypal is to work with them and join their scam list as they are geared up for scammers to use.

i.e. you can set up a Paypal account and a fake website offering downloadable items for sale (but you dont have anything for sale), make buyers pay via paypal and when a buyer pays you and gets nothing and they dispute in paypal then all paypal will do is close the case in sellers favour as it is a non tangible item.

Now if that is not them aiding these scammers then i will eat my hat

Paypal never cares about our TOS. For paypal client is always right, no matter what they do or complain, and we (hosting companies) are always scammers or cheating the client. Forget it! We still offer paypal because the market demands, however we are changing to Stripe and recommend to new clients to use stripe.

Paypal was expensive and it has too many issue but the biggest issue I was using my paypal since 3 months I got good orders and I was having no chargeback, they limited my account saying that I have violated there aup, after long emails they told me that I have not violated aup but they consider my business as risky and they will not do business with me and they blocked my paypal balance for 6 months.

I was truly disappointed with them since there are thousands of hosting businesses and they have no such issues.

I've never had any huge issues with PayPal, however I hate the transaction fees;

2.9% (I believe) + $0.30 Per Transaction

That's very expensive for budget hosting providers, then again banks also charge fees.

The major issue I've heard of is Accounts with huge income being frozen for weeks.

- Kieran

To be fair I have experienced extremely low % of disputes. especially for cheap services, the buyer simply won't bother.
That being said it's nearly impossible to win a dispute as a hosting provider.
But usually, if you provide good service disputes are rare.
I think even though the fee is very high the extra customers you get is worth it.

Only real issue i had with Paypal was their ability to cancel subscriptions without permission or notice from client or host and then when you call they say its a glitch and will never happen again, so you have to get your client to set up a new subscription and then several months down the line it happens again and you get the same response from paypal.

I now setup a braintree (owned by PP) account, this then allows you to get Paypal to enable Reference Transactions on your PP business account and then you can now set up clients using paypal billing agreements ( this allows you to submit a request for payment at anytime and if a client orders another service you dont need to set up a new subscription as the system will request the actual invoice total when due no matter what the total is. also if they order a new service rather than issue an invoice and then wait for client to receive this and then pay it, you can request the payment on invoice generation.

Because paypal is not giving sellers protection on hosting.
Usually person is using your hosting for >180 days then they dispute. And in lot of cases you will lose.

yes they have 180 days, but if you can prove they have used for services then you will always win.

I once had a case when a client disputed after 60 days and when i provided Paypal with evidence of them actually using the services and regularly logging in to their account and when paypal checked the IP used it matched the IP they used to make the claim with paypal they had enough to award the claim in my favour and they lost.