WHMCS price increased by 100%

webalternative

As a customer of WHMCS, we want to sincerely thank you for choosing our software to run your business. If you're like us, you know great billing software that automates your operations is one of the critical success factors of any business.

We are writing to you today to announce a price increase for the Support & Updates service associated with your Owned License.

Support & Updates is an optional service which grants you access to the latest software updates for WHMCS and the ability to contact our technical support team whenever you need them.

Next month, WHMCS will introduce its first price increase in over 8 years for the renewal cost of Support & Updates. The price for a 1 Year renewal will increase from $44.95 to $99.95. At the same time, we will also be introducing the ability to renew for 6 Months at a cost of $59.95.

Between now and 22nd June 2015, you can extend your current support and updates agreement for an additional 12 months and take advantage of today's pricing of $44.95. Click here to renew now »

We are making a significant investment in both staff and behind the scenes technologies as we look to enhance the capability and automation WHMCS provides, and significantly accelerate the speed with which we're able to deliver changes. We look forward to demonstrating the benefits of these changes over the coming weeks and months.

We appreciate your business and look forward to successfully assisting you with automating your operations and providing you with features that help drive your business, and provide you with expert technical support in times of need.

Ouch, its an increase of more than 100% !!!

Seems fair tbh.. They've been steady improving the software since they took over. :thumbup:

Not to mention..
We are making a significant investment in both staff and behind the scenes technologies as we look to enhance the capability and automation WHMCS provides, and significantly accelerate the speed with which we're able to deliver changes. We look forward to demonstrating the benefits of these changes over the coming weeks and months.

It also seems anyone has a month to add an additional 12 months at todays price.

also version 6 is more like a full rebuild of WHMCS

Seems to be very fair upgrade in support fees. The costing does occur with hire of developers, latest upgrades, features and even cost of living increases by each year.

clearly a cPanel influenced move just like the $30 priority support ticket option

Seems fair tbh.. They've been steady improving the software since they took over. :thumbup:

Not to mention..

cPanel don't have the power to influenced and they haven't took over WHMCS.

cPanel have 49% shares of WHMCS.
Matt has 51% shares of WHMCS.

Therefore Matt has the last say in everything which goes on behind them doors.

cPanel don't have the power to influenced and they haven't took over WHMCS.

cPanel have 49% shares of WHMCS.
Matt has 51% shares of WHMCS.

Therefore Matt has the last say in everything which goes on behind them doors.

i think a lot is influenced by Cpanel, the support system is the same as cpanel. all the WHMCS forum advisors are cpanel staff.

and guess where Matt seems to be based now. Houston Texas at cpanel HQ

i think a lot is influenced by Cpanel, the support system is the same as cpanel. all the WHMCS forum advisors are cpanel staff.

and guess where Matt seems to be based now. Houston Texas at cpanel HQ

suppose he has a second home there now haha but the company is still WHMCS Limited registered in the UK.

suppose he has a second home there now haha but the company is still WHMCS Limited registered in the UK.

yes, buts still does not mean it cant be owned by a USA company, just means the company is still based in the UK, but their parent company is in the USA.

a lot of WHMCS processes are replicated from cpanel

The WHMCS price increase for support is very reasonable. The old pricing was much too low to support development in the time needed. What one would hope now, with added resources, is that the plan of more frequent updates (along with a more responsive support) is actually followed through. If that's the case, then it's definitely worth the increase.

What one would hope now, with added resources, is that the plan of more frequent updates (along with a more responsive support) is actually followed through.

Can't see that happening as after their major server hack they promised updated versions every 6 weeks and this has never happened.

Can't see that happening as after their major server hack they promised updated versions every 6 weeks and this has never happened.

Lots has happened since then. Being fair, they have been doing a great job since their very bumpy ride.

I am sure the extra funds will be put back into WHMCS in one way or another, support should grow, development should grow.

It is a large hike in one go but it still saves 99% of us more than it would cost if we didn't have WHMCS.

Obviously it isn't going to change on day 1, it is going to take time for the increased revenue to appear (and several has taken advantage of the old rate renewing for 2 years). So give it time, hopefully we will see further improvements.

It's interesting and I was not aware of it, but it's fair enough.

Will it affect the monthly subscriptions as well?

Well, your paying for something that works, and does the job like it should be done so its still worth it even if they raise it by 200%

Well, your paying for something that works, and does the job like it should be done so its still worth it even if they raise it by 200%

so what you are saying if something is working then its worth an increase

so like this if you purchased a Ford Focus Sedan sat $100 a month and they stated oh well i see its working, so now you will pay $300 a month, you will be happy and pay it.

so it does not mean something is working they have make large price increases

so what you are saying if something is working then its worth an increase

so like this if you purchased a Ford Focus Sedan sat $100 a month and they stated oh well i see its working, so now you will pay $300 a month, you will be happy and pay it.

so it does not mean something is working they have make large price increases

Nope that not what I said, comparing the price raise with what your getting worth it in my opinion.

not when their support has gone downhill. on average it takes 30 hrs to answer a ticket now

It'd be wise to give them some time to adjust to their new plans. For a large company, any changes need to pass through different stages of planning and approval, and can take time to execute. With WHMCS (already a rather large corporation) now being bought up by cPanel (and even larger corporation), things are bound to get worse before they get better. I have a feeling the end-result will benefit everyone though (and anything else would surprise me, considering how stiff the competition is getting now).

On that note though, I never understood the bashing of their support. The only time I've ever had to wait longer than a few hours for a response, is when I've opened a ticket to a non-24/7 department. My discussions with one of their account managers was one of the most pleasant ones I've had.

It'd be wise to give them some time to adjust to their new plans. For a large company, any changes need to pass through different stages of planning and approval, and can take time to execute. With WHMCS (already a rather large corporation) now being bought up by cPanel (and even larger corporation), things are bound to get worse before they get better. I have a feeling the end-result will benefit everyone though (and anything else would surprise me, considering how stiff the competition is getting now).

On that note though, I never understood the bashing of their support. The only time I've ever had to wait longer than a few hours for a response, is when I've opened a ticket to a non-24/7 department. My discussions with one of their account managers was one of the most pleasant ones I've had.

Agreed. Also, most of their responses are quality responses. I'll take a quality response over some garbage reply. I'm biased though - I do have some friends that work there. Don't take my word for it ;)