What's wrong with Cpanel?

Cpanel is good and so is Plesk. About 90% of the services we sell don't even come with a control panel so it just depends on the person and what they need. I would really only consider Cpanel or Plesk myself but I know there are others and even free ones out that appear to be good.

I personally use cPanel for shared accounts simply because I can get a lot of add ons that will integrate with cPanel that will add value to my service. I must say I tried Plesk but did not like the admin side of it. But as many said before it always depends on personal preferences.

Some of the dedicated servers I supply to my clients have Direct Admin, SysCP, Webmin, ISPCP Omega and even Plesk.

cPanel isn't the only fish in the sea. There's DA, Plesk, Ensim, H-Sphere and all others that are pretty good alternatives to cPanel, since it uses more memory, and it costs more for dedicated servers.

While most web hosting services provide Cpanel for their users, why there are still a few web hosting services not providing Cpanel? I think Cpanel is almost perfect and user friendly. There is no reason not to use it...IMO :D

Some web design companies do not give control panels to clients, so they would choose some alternative panels such as Plesk etc. to save cost.

There are other great control panels, such as DirectAdmin and some clients prefer that over cPanel. Just a choice.

I agree with veeblox, DirectAdmin is easier to use for newbie customers and users of cPanel can also use it!

Backups for Resellers are easier in DirectAdmin

Cpanel has some great features, but it also uses resources of the server. If you are in a shared environment and the skill level of the user is beginner to even novice level it is a perfect place to start. If you are a more savvy linux administrator then control panels are out for the most part on a dedicated level. If you are talking VPS or Hyper-V Then you can use one of a variety of panels.

Again it all depends on the users level of experience, the needs of the user etc... We have been using cPanel for years and love some things about it and not so much on others.

I guess it all depends. Mostly, when providing hosting to a general crowd, cpanel is preferred as it's noob friendly and most recognized. Other times, if I am providing hosting to a more knowledgeable crowd, like a group of developer friends, I install VirtualMin for more control.

Cpanel is one of the most popular control panels in the world. But not everybody can afford it or simply need it.
Always better to have a few control panels, so customer can choose among of them.

We used Plesk and hated it. Parallels is not known for good support.

We started using HSphere many years ago. It was a wonderful software and we loved it..... until Parallels purchased the company :(

That was the end for Hsphere :sad: Prices for everything were raised, software was not developed anymore, and support was abandoned.

You had to pay $50 just to open a ticket with them, and then, even with the payed ticket, we never got any support. We lost the $50.

Parallells DOES NOT have any support. Period. I'm sad to say this.

As far as cPanel, we never liked to pay monthly for our software, we rather have a Life-Time license, even if it is initially expensive. So cPanel was always out of the question for us.

We are using Interworx now, and loving it.

HSphere? We still have a cluster running, but we do not knock on Parallels' door anymore for anything.

Regards,

Last edited:
Well .. I am not saying that the Cpanel is not the best thing , howerver its the choice of the hosting organization as what type of hosting they are looking to provide . Each control panel has got some thing unique so its better not compare the Control panels on Organization levels

While most web hosting services provide Cpanel for their users, why there are still a few web hosting services not providing Cpanel? I think Cpanel is almost perfect and user friendly. There is no reason not to use it...IMO :D

I am use lots of Control Panels but why you pay money If you can get this type of control panels at free of cost.

I have also some VPS where I host my personal site but I never use cPanel on my non-commercial sites

I agree, i think cPanel is excellent and i offer it to all my customers.

User friendly, powerful and easy to use :)

I suppose some people don't use it because they would rather not pay for a control panel but instead use something free....

Every one has his/her own like dislike and there are many options available, so companies offer according to their priotities, just like some are concerned about budget, so they go with a cheaper panel.

Most of the companies are providing the cPanel now a days.
cPanel is not affordable to some companies so they are not able to provide the service.
And yes, cPanel is perfect to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett