Whats the best kind of support

I think Live Support is a must for high sales rates. It surely pays off if you employ a skillful salesperson on Live Support system.

Ticketed Support is perfect for Technical Support as it facilitates clients' tracking of their questions.

Phone Support is good for sales and technical support, but it should be kept within business hours to avoid too much personnel costs.

LakeShoreComputers said:
I personally think anything with live support is great, but ticketed support is nice for referencing.

What do you guys feel is best?

Both options are important. Live support is good for solving customer problem instantly, while ticket support gives detailed solution for problem.

I think ticket system is a must, as live support personnel can not solve complex server-based problems. You will be needing experienced technicians.

Phone Support. Gets you in touch with your customers, allows them to have a sense of being in the right hands per say, and can be taken care of relatively quickly, you can answer the phone, get their information, and the problem they are having, and call them back if need be. I think Phone Support mixed with a nice helpdesk will be perfect. LiveHelp is okay, but it is a waste of time and money as some others have pointed out in this thread.

Ticket support and live support are equally important. Live support can help clients instantaneously. Ticket support can be useful if clients need long and detailed explanation.

kiz9999 said:
if you offer both that is great! live support is great for sales. tickets for support.

I think phone support is great for sales bcoz we talk live to the customers and in this the chances of conversion are also high and combination of ticket and chat is good for support.