What web builder do you use?

Visitors will know if a site is done well or on the cheap and could reflect poorly on their services/offerings and hurt their image...

So can having a business site full of security issues like Wordpress. Would you trust giving a site your card details if the software they are using has many well publicised security vulnerabilities

Actually, I prefer WordPress over any of the site builders. Security is always a consideration, but WordPress can be locked down. I've just never been a fan of site builders per se. That's not to say I won't change my mind should an outstanding one come along.

What about Weebly? Weebly integrates with cPanel/WHM now and I didn't hear about anyone mentioning this. They have a pretty good editor that is pretty modern in their design.

What do you guys think of Weebly?

I'm looking at figures for Weebly at the moment to integrate their website builder in to part of our offering. I'm not sure the cost is entirely worth it to be honest. Especially as our margins in this industry are always being pushed to their limits.

But people are actively searching for Weebly... so maybe it will bring new customers also.

I think you should offer what customers want too. Even if you wish clients would use something you believe is "better", if they are searching for something else then offer that. Might be less competitive than Wordpress and you can separate yourself from the crowd...

Yes, WordPress can most certainly be secured. A LOT of hosts don't know how to use and secure WordPress unfortunately. There are 76 million WordPress blogs, so yes security issues will pop up. You might as well say the Internet is unsafe and stop using it :)

I think you should offer what customers want too.

so if a client wants to use E107 which is know to unsafe as it allows hackers a backdoor onto servers then you would allow this

Yes, WordPress can most certainly be secured. A LOT of hosts don't know how to use and secure WordPress unfortunately.

It is Wordpress itself that is full of vulnerabilities and not a fact hosts do not secure it.

We are referring to Weebly and WordPress. Why would E107 or whatever that is be talked about here? Sorry, but you are being a little silly here...

That is exactly what I said. WordPress needs to be secured and many hosts don't know how to or bother.

We are referring to Weebly and WordPress. Why would E107 or whatever that is be talked about here? Sorry, but you are being a little silly here...

That is exactly what I said. WordPress needs to be secured and many hosts don't know how to or bother.

Because Wordpress is just a script like E107 and has many issues that is down to the script itself and not how secure it is on a server.
Weebly is totally different as it is a free website builder that is not self hosted, so the Weebly logo appears on hosted sites.

Automattic need to take some responsibility and make Wordpress more secure rather than just update and release more plugins

Because Wordpress is just a script like E107 and has many issues that is down to the script itself and not how secure it is on a server.
Weebly is totally different as it is a free website builder that is not self hosted, so the Weebly logo appears on hosted sites.

Automattic need to take some responsibility and make Wordpress more secure rather than just update and release more plugins
I've been in this a long time and have yet to have a security issue with WordPress, but I take precautions to lock my sites down, and I make sure my clients do the same. What of us who don't want a Weebly logo on our sites, or any other logo? I'm not saying Weebly is a bad builder, just that I personally prefer not to use them.