• I am excited to announce a significant upgrade to our hosting infrastructure. Read more.

What type of billing system are you using / prefer ?

I use WHMCS for one company but to be honest, I'm not a huge fan. I still use it for legacy reasons but use only the most basic features from it.

1. I've caught it multiple times not invoicing for recurring services. Support has never been able to tell me why.

2. There was a period of time a handful of years ago when new WHMCS vulnerabilities were dropping every few days. The type of vulnerabilities gave me very little confidence in the quality of the underlying code. I haven't seen any recently (that I can remember), but seeing SQL statements passed around as part of the URL always gave me the wrong vibes.

I think the product overall has improved, and I suspect they are tackling a ton of technical debt, but I'm surprised they haven't been toppled like they did to ModernBill.

I LOVE WHMCS.
I recommend using that for a paid solution due to it's flexibility and customization options. It makes things so easy!
For a free solution, try using ClientExec. It's a less user-friendly solution, but it does the job.

WHMCS is the WebPros monopoly and their products work well with their products - cPanel and Plesk are also WebPros.

For us, we use Upmind - we enjoy the modern look and ease of use they provide - although, if you're looking for a panel that has all the pre-built integrations to support your tech stacks - then WHMCS, Blesta, ClientExc & BoxBilling have been in the market for much longer and have all these pre-baked.

For us, we use Upmind - we enjoy the modern look and ease of use they provide

We trialled Upmind, it's good but we didn't like the idea that we couldn't code custom modules, edit modules or easily export our own database from the system. I mean, it's possible to export your data writing your own processes around their API but in my opinion there should be a option to export it anyway. They also raised their prices a few months ago, so we're glad we didn't go down that route.

For example we've heavily customised the Enhance module within ClientExec to take advantage of Enhance's multi-location packages whereas we wouldn't be able to do this in ClientExec. Meanwhile I pushed a few improvements to ClientExecs GitHub a few months ago for the Enhance module and they were just released today in v6.8 Beta 1, thanks for the shout out guys, oh wait...

We trialled Upmind, it's good but we didn't like the idea that we couldn't code custom modules, edit modules or easily export our own database from the system. I mean, it's possible to export your data writing your own processes around their API but in my opinion there should be a option to export it anyway. They also raised their prices a few months ago, so we're glad we didn't go down that route.

This is the advantage of WHMCS/ClientExec/& CO, they do allow people to make their own modules - which massively opens up the potential of their product and integrations they provide.

Our decision wasn't based off price, I don't think you can put a price on the heart of your business - these systems are crucial to our operations and cashflow/providing support to our customers. I do believe it's in Upminds road map to open up modules to public development in the long run - but right now they are building the blocks of their kingdom.

Currently their first party approach to integrations allows them to develop a solid product while not compramising integrity of their product - as we have seen some modules within WHMCS being exploited before. Their system does lack some integration, I would enjoy it if they brought out a integration for our EasyDCIM but we are okay with manually processing these orders for now as Baremetal isn't crucial part of our business.

I have recently switched from WHMCS to Upmind. I know you can call me crazy like moving from WHMCS to a new company who are offering it as SaaS, but believe me, I am more happy now. It is very much configurable as per your needs. Also, their support is great, I don't have to wait 12 hours to get a support from WHMCS.

We are actually with nor WHMCS nor Upmind - but WiseCP. We like it, it's great, quite stable, had our fair share of things to learn but otherwise, it's very nice. It's comparatively more expensive than others, though.

I won't say it's 100% of the WHMCS experience but it's maybe some 90%, with some very relevant extras we found interesting for our type of service.

We are actually with nor WHMCS nor Upmind - but WiseCP. We like it, it's great, quite stable, had our fair share of things to learn but otherwise, it's very nice. It's comparatively more expensive than others, though.

I won't say it's 100% of the WHMCS experience but it's maybe some 90%, with some very relevant extras we found interesting for our type of service.
WiseCP is one we're watching closely. There are a couple of integrations we're waiting for that are due for release in 3.2, once this version is released then we'll probably re-evaluate and look to switch.

I think it's the only billing system that has an open roadmap?

WiseCP is one we're watching closely. There are a couple of integrations we're waiting for that are due for release in 3.2, once this version is released then we'll probably re-evaluate and look to switch.

I think it's the only billing system that has an open roadmap?
They've actually given us one that was already done on their roadmap for 3.2.0, even prior to the launch... and that was actually the piece that triggered the change. We were about to cross a tier for WHMCS and in this way we've avoided it.

I think so too :) don't see many billing systems going like that. And it's quite nice for the eyes. Could be a little less Turkish-localized at the marketplace (more global) but we can live with that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reliabecloud
Back