What registrar do you use?

HostingKing

If you are a host, which registrar do you use to register your client's domain names?

I used to use Enom, but over the years they have gotten more convoluted and harder to use. Are there alternatives, who provide an API?

We use DirectI through ResellerClub and never really had any problems with them to this day. :)

We do have NameCheap and Enom accounts as backup registrars in case ResellerClub can not be used for a particular domain or client. :thumbup:

I think enom would be for most hosts these days (With the SSL and other product offerings).

I think Resell.biz gives you more for your buck though (Cheaper domain prices, free whois protection etc...)

We have always used Enom but I have been checking out others lately for a comparison. I guess we ended up going with them because everyone else has, plus the owner had a previous relationship with them years before this company got off the ground.

As a company we use Enom for most of our domains as we use it for reselling them to our customers. However personally I use fxdomains for some reason (habit) - I think they resell or are part of GoDaddy as they use the same panel as far as I can see.

Namecheap by far. GoDaddy lures you in with that .99 first year, that then jumps to 15. A lot of my clients come to me with a domain name already, and I transfer it at first chance.

NetEarthOne mainly because of price structure. The amount of overhead is minimal and we haven't had any problems so far (knocking on wood).

GoDaddy lures you in with that .99 first year, that then jumps to 15.

Nonsense. .com is not $15. Even if it was that's only $8.00/yr during the first 2 years. Big deal. Besides the regular price is mentioned next to the sale price, thus there is nothing sneaky going on as implied by your use of the word "lure."

OK, did not mean to offend so many :)
All I meant is that often you can find amazing deals with GoDaddy, and your price will jump thereafter. Of course this is common with many out there, but their extremes can be crazy to me at times. I have seen plenty of .99 domains, and many have tried to renew at 14.99.

I have seen plenty of .99 domains, and many have tried to renew at 14.99.

true, but they will always state you will renew at full price of $$. this is like some host ( including us) will provide specials with a free domain for the first 12 months, but to be renewed at the full renewal price after that.

OK, did not mean to offend so many :)
All I meant is that often you can find amazing deals with GoDaddy, and your price will jump thereafter. Of course this is common with many out there, but their extremes can be crazy to me at times. I have seen plenty of .99 domains, and many have tried to renew at 14.99.

Actually, what GoDaddy does many times is send a 30% off renewal coupon on renewal reminders, so that $14.95 actually goes to about $10.

Still, I am trying to find the registrar who would appreciate clients with over 50 domains and provide them with better pricing. Not liking GoDaddy very much due to having to struggle through their checkout experience with all the non-sense I don't need.

NameCheap does not have any special bulk pricing or program. However, I think I'll be giving NameSilo a closer look in the coming days/weeks with some expiring domains. I hate the notion of placing all eggs in one basket, but not only NameSilo has better regular pricing, they provide bulk pricing options as well.