What method do your customers use most?

BlackStorm

What method of support do your customers use most to contact your support department?

I know for me its normally email but have tried to put some more focus on the helpdesk now so people do direct to that for support, also good with a knowledge base there.

Well for now we have telephone and email support but we will be installing a helpdesk and live chat soon hopefully by the end of January.

Almost none of our customers use our Instant Messaging (wierd but true)...

Everyone either emails the person they are used to dealing with, or our helpdesk (which is where we try to direct everyone)...

Afew have used the phone from day 1 and I dont think they will ever change...

*sigh*

For us. It defently has to be AIM/MSN/ICQ/YAHOO messengers.. Clients just like the real time interaction i think.

we have helpdesks, forums, e-mails, messangers, and phone #'s but they still perfer Instant Messangers.

helpdesk helpdesk helpdesk!

Everything is stored in one location for easy referral. Plus, running Linux there are only 2 chat programs that works (yahoo and AIM) but I am not on the chat much anymore. The helpdesk works for my customers. Took them some time to get use to it.

I prefer email support, that way it is documented and saved incase you need it for anything, rather than messengers or irc support..

Everything is stored in one location for easy referral. Plus, running Linux there are only 2 chat programs that works (yahoo and AIM)
There are 3rd Party Programs that allows you to run MSN On linux i know that for sure, but im sure there would be an ICQ Client available as well.

Thanks

Right now it's still mainly phone and email, however in mid-May we implemented helpdesk/knowledge base system and that has started to kick in.

We also use Crafty Syntax for live support, but that is mainly sales related.

John

Our customer base is mostly local - and they ALL call us :D

Recently we have targetted the internet market - and these customers seem to be happy with the helpdesk....

Hehe Andrew that is the main downside to having local clients, they use the phone a lot more than internet clients.
They normally require a lot more support also, including with setting up their pages and not just the normal support hosting companies would provide ;)

You are absolutely correct on the Robert, but I do get several more referrals from the local crowd than I get with non-local customers. So I guess the added support is balanced with the new clientel...

....sometimes :D

Hehe Alex.
Do you charge the same prices for local clients as online clients?
A lot of people have seperate sites and prices for local and internet customers, quite a lot of people charge extra for local customers because they offer more support, sometimes upfront person-to-person and business-to-business support.