What is above Reseller?

Unfortunately, I don't give money away for free, but I'm more than happy to pay or donate for work done.

If you have something creative, or something that you think I could use, I'm open to discussion. Drop me a PM here on the forums and we can chat.

I hear ya man; I was just messing around. :D

What I was hoping with the company is to do more webdesign. I having been "Filly-Fartin'" around with WordPress for 6 years now. I know my way around that software very well. I was hoping to snag a few web design jobs for a few WordPress blogs. I don't know if you are aware of it or not. But, not only is WordPress a piece of blogging software, it also makes an excellent CMS. Which you can see over on my Business site.

Anyhow, I figured I could lure a few businesses into me designing them a company website with blog and make some money at it, and with that, I could invest in the licensing for the WHMCS software. I have been advertising on Craigslist locally, but so far, no bites. The economy and so forth. :(

Cool thing is, anymore, WordPress free templates are a dime a dozen, and if you're looking for a particular theme; chances are, someone has already designed a theme for it. Pay themes are an option too and I would pass that onto the customer.

As for it crashing or making a server freak out. I am very aware of with what works on the back end for WordPress and what does not. I have a regular list of "must runs" for WordPress plugins.

In short, I'm not looking to put anyone else outta business. I'd just like my own share of the pie. :D

Also too, I could see investing with that license and all, if I had a few people telling me, "I'd get your hosting, if you had auto signup..." But I don't have any, so there's no guarantee at all. I just do not want to be tossing money away...

Anyhow, that's my :twocents:

-Pat

I hear ya man; I was just messing around. :D
;)

I don't know if you are aware of it or not. But, not only is WordPress a piece of blogging software, it also makes an excellent CMS. Which you can see over on my Business site.
Oh, very aware on this. If you look at our company site (http://www.handsonwebhosting.com) this is a wordpress site that we built. We currently have a new design in progress (was hoping to have it live for this upcoming week, but will likely get pushed another week due to QA) - that too is Wordpress.

My wife runs an SEO company (www.bigredseo.com - also a wordpress site) and most of the work she does for clients looking to launch new sites or expand sites are in Wordpress or Drupal. She's always looking for people with Wordpress skill that can skin websites etc. If interested, drop her a note and maybe you can team up on a project coming in.

In short, I'm not looking to put anyone else outta business. I'd just like my own share of the pie. :D
And there's a lot of business to go around too! We've found that the response rate on Craigslist has been pretty minimal, but if you team up with some small business meetings or designer groups you can usually pick up some outsource jobs with them too. Check out www.meetup.com and see if there's any groups in your local area. It's all about networking.

This all probably should go into another thread, so I'll stop hijacking this one ;)

I'd love to do that, but I just cannot swing that 15 buck a month license. :disagree:

I can get it for 12 from license buddy. But jebus. that's a lot of cash; when you don't really have a day job and when you don't have health insurance and have to buy your own meds. :sad:

Search for "open source billing system" and see what you can come up with. You sound like you really need some help, but help is out there if you want to dig.

When I started out I wrote my own program to take orders and interfaced it with paypal. Do you know how to write perl cgi? If you don't and you can learn it that's a good way to start off. I have done a lot of my own programing to get started and even though it takes time if you really want to make it work you will invest the time. I sometimes spend another 8 hours a day after working my other business all day to make my web hosting business work.

Have you had any kind of schooling in programing or computers?

Search for "open source billing system" and see what you can come up with. You sound like you really need some help, but help is out there if you want to dig.

When I started out I wrote my own program to take orders and interfaced it with paypal. Do you know how to write perl cgi? If you don't and you can learn it that's a good way to start off. I have done a lot of my own programing to get started and even though it takes time if you really want to make it work you will invest the time. I sometimes spend another 8 hours a day after working my other business all day to make my web hosting business work.

Have you had any kind of schooling in programing or computers?

Nope, all self taught.

Here's my stuff ya'll hopefully the Board cops won't pull me over.

My Biz site: http://kjvhost.com/
My personal blog: http://thoughtsandrantings.com/
My old personal blog: http://politicalbyline.com/

That last one I ran from December 28, 2007, will October 31, 2011. My first blog, the Populist was hacked on December 23 2007. I started it in 2006.

Anyhow, everything you see, except for the template, I did myself. Back end, widgets, custom photo, everything... I did it. No help, nothing. Just made it work.

The biz site template was one I saw in the themes thingy at wordpress.org. I liked it and downloaded it. I did the paypal code myself. Just a button you create.

anyhow, I won't do that again, :disagree: rules are rules. I just wanted you all to see what I got so far.

-Pat

Also checkout BoxBilling and TheHostingTool BUT I highly recommend using WHMCS from go or you'll have trouble migrating data from one to the other. Save the hassle and get WHMCS now. ;)

;)

Oh, very aware on this. If you look at our company site (http://www.handsonwebhosting.com) this is a wordpress site that we built. We currently have a new design in progress (was hoping to have it live for this upcoming week, but will likely get pushed another week due to QA) - that too is Wordpress.

My wife runs an SEO company (www.bigredseo.com - also a wordpress site) and most of the work she does for clients looking to launch new sites or expand sites are in Wordpress or Drupal. She's always looking for people with Wordpress skill that can skin websites etc. If interested, drop her a note and maybe you can team up on a project coming in.

And there's a lot of business to go around too! We've found that the response rate on Craigslist has been pretty minimal, but if you team up with some small business meetings or designer groups you can usually pick up some outsource jobs with them too. Check out www.meetup.com and see if there's any groups in your local area. It's all about networking.

This all probably should go into another thread, so I'll stop hijacking this one ;)

Contacted your wife. :D

Also checkout BoxBilling and TheHostingTool BUT I highly recommend using WHMCS from go or you'll have trouble migrating data from one to the other. Save the hassle and get WHMCS now. ;)

I will most likely go with WHMCS soon. right now I need to score a nice design job! :D

Not that I'm advocating you changing your hosting provider if you've been happy with it so far, but there are reseller hosting accounts that include a free WHMCS license. Such a reseller account typically starts at $20+, but it's still quite a money saver all things considered.

Last edited:
Not that I'm advocating you changing your hosting provider if you've been happy with it so far, but there are reseller hosting accounts that include a free WHMCS license. Such a reseller account typically starts at $20+, but it's still quite a money saver all things considered.

yeah, that'd be a wee over my budget. I'm in for $80.00 and some change for a year at hostmist. I'm very happy with the service. My first choice was not a smart one. Luckily I was not out any coin.

As the old saying goes, "look before you leap!" :smash::crash:

At some point I would like to sell reseller,

Well, I don't think many of the web hosting provider would be ready for this as it would be mess up while providing support services to the end client. IMO there should be only one reseller between the main hosting provider and hosting client, because if reseller selling it to another reseller would rise the prices and the package would be less competitive with less profit margin.

1. Shared Hosting.
2. Reseller.
3. Master Reseller.
4. VPS.
5. Dedicated Server.

So work your way up. If you're new I recommend you resell servers.

1. Shared Hosting.
2. Reseller.
3. Master Reseller.
4. VPS.
5. Dedicated Server.

So work your way up. If you're new I recommend you resell servers.

you missed 1 for those using zamfoo

1. Shared Hosting.
2. Reseller.
3. Master Reseller.
4. Alpha Reseller
5. VPS.
6. Dedicated Server.

It would be a good option to go for a dedicated and host all the shared and resellers there, personally would do the same. but you could also use a vps and start with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansrtch