What attracts you to a website?

Well that depends why im going to a website. Simply put can the website solve the "problem" I have? Answer the questions I have, convince me that its has without a doubt the correct answer. That best answer to my problem in terms of value (eg Cost).That I can trust them. This can be a service, product or just information. Can it do all this in a fast manner without annoying me or discrediting itself with slow speeds, bad navigation, vague offerings, lack of reviews ect ect ect.

Ps To S4 above just wanted to add, totally agree don't care how good a website is or that not everybody is running on HTTPS. If I see that message my inner though process is wow these guys are so behind... I dont even bother going further.

Well that depends why im going to a website. Simply put can the website solve the "problem" I have? Answer the questions I have, convince me that its has without a doubt the correct answer. That best answer to my problem in terms of value (eg Cost).That I can trust them. This can be a service, product or just information. Can it do all this in a fast manner without annoying me or discrediting itself with slow speeds, bad navigation, vague offerings, lack of reviews ect ect ect.

Ps To S4 above just wanted to add, totally agree don't care how good a website is or that not everybody is running on HTTPS. If I see that message my inner though process is wow these guys are so behind... I dont even bother going further.
Yes the best answer is to decide what you want and then look around and not go for the first 1 you see.

I can give you an example on getting a vehicle.

I was after a new van and decided on a VW Crafter. On the VW website after using the configurator it gave me the price of £36,750. i searched around and found a VW van dealer and managed to get the same spec. new van to my confuration for £27,500

If selling a product a live chat, phone number and easy to navigate website is recommended. Also the merchant used on a website if selling a product is also very important, PayPal is the most trusted merchant.

Yes the best answer is to decide what you want and then look around and not go for the first 1 you see.

I can give you an example on getting a vehicle.

I was after a new van and decided on a VW Crafter. On the VW website after using the configurator it gave me the price of £36,750. i searched around and found a VW van dealer and managed to get the same spec. new van to my confuration for £27,500

I agree I know many people that do this it's shopping and when you shop you don't just buy the first thing you see ( well most people don't ). People didn't do it in a world where you had to drive to different locations to look at items. So I doubt they do it in a world where you don't have to go anywhere just scroll to the next website and compare their offering. So as you are alluding to its also important to have a competitive service or product offering, I think also in terms of buyers you get people that would buy an expensive product because they believe its better quality(sometimes it is), some go mid-range to get the best value/cost and other people buy cheaply because they are on a tight budget so you have to tailor your website and its offerings to your target market too.

mobile or app versions of your website

There is no excuse for a site to not be responsive and work on any screen size device. If I see horizontal scrollbars in anything other than a code snippet or large table of data then that really irritates me.

I also personally hate it when sites try to push me from my web browser into their app. I really don't want to install an app for each individual site that I visit and use.

There is no excuse for a site to not be responsive and work on any screen size device. If I see horizontal scrollbars in anything other than a code snippet or large table of data then that really irritates me.
True, but as more and more people set up websites (especially now with the pandemic) without any experience they will chose cheap or free templates and not all of these are responsive templates/themes.
even these days WP and WIX provide themes that are not responsive

Things that attract visitors to the website;-

1. Website Speed
2. Website Design and Layout of the website
3. Content Quality
4. Mobile Friendly
5. Cool Graphics and Image Quality

You might include a little more info about your company and links to things like examples of the firm's work, photos, recent awards, customer reviews or press the company has received. If you have an active company page on LinkedIn, you can also post your openings there to attract talent.

You might include a little more info about your company and links to things like examples of the firm's work, photos, recent awards, customer reviews or press the company has received. If you have an active company page on LinkedIn, you can also post your openings there to attract talent.
Would not use LinkedIn if you paid me. I had an issue once with people saying they were employees of my company and one guy said he was the owner. it took me nearly a year to get LinkedIn to sort this out as they would not believe me or HMRC

I look for value-add content with a mix of text and graphics that is pleasing to the eye. Does the site appear to be professionally designed? Is the grammar acceptable (it doesn't have to be perfect)? Is the navigation intuitive? Is the mobile version decent?

add in colorful graphic to the 'wall of text' does make the site stand out from the rest..
keep thing in balance .

The greatest strategies to ensuring a website is most appealing to the average audience typically involve making it responsive, clean, lively, using the proper color palette, and having nothing look out of place.

I am usually attracted of quality of performed scripts and quality and smoothness of customized animations on the site, which I do see thanks to my experience in maintaining my own site.