What are the main things resellers look for in a host?

dwhs

We offer a basic reseller package with cpanel and fantastico but obviously there is more that resellers are looking for. Any thoughts on this?

If I were to start reselling, I would have looked for a private level like solution:

(a) ability to have my client's technical issues solved by the parent company
(b) ability to process payments as well through a central white-label solution

Offer Free WHMCS and Dedicated IP! :)

But I don't think it works.. Bcoz People know when someone offer more then he deserve then some Scam over there! [My personal Opinion] :)

Free Billing software in this saturated market is a must! Anything that is considered a value added service is what makes you or breaks you, especially starting out!

I think what resellers should primarily be looking for is solid 24/7 support. Anything less will eventually sabotage your business.

I think that high availability and scalability are becoming very important in Reseller hosting and the reason is that the owners of Reseller accounts have to compete to "Unlimited hosting" providers having a limited amounts of resources in their pockets!

Try look for ways to differentiate yourself. The most common way is to add value-added services.

The only thing I would have looked for is a good technical staff which will resolve your issues in timely manner and will keep you updated with various things. In addition, the host keeps the servers updated and secure. This will reduce quite a heavy burden from your shoulder and will help you to concentrate on your business.

I would be looking for a host where the issues didn't come up in the first place.
Your reseller package is only as good as the host you choose. It doesn't really matter how good their tech support is if you are not available at all times, which typically a reseller host is not.

Second to that is the response time of the chosen host for support issues.

Back when I was looking for a reseller host, good technical support response times and a free billing system is what usually got me. If they didn't offer the free billing system, a wide variety of contact with the host was a deal sealer for me.

Resellers generally revise if there is 24/7 customer support, the capacity of the server, sometimes they also ask where are located the data center, if is it included a billing system, whmc, inquiries in reference to the packages that are offered and what exactly it includes. Also they ask if you can migrate their existing accts.

Quality of service is hands down the most important aspect of choosing a host.

Think about it, the quality of the web hosting you can provide as a reseller is only as good as the host who is offering it to you. Thats why when I started out, I sampled many reseller's. In the end, I chose a host with ZERO overselling, servers which weren't overloaded and with low loads. I could tell a large level of difference between these hosts when sampling them, and went for the best one (which was also more money).

Second would be quality of support, especially if depending on a end-user set up.

Quality comes at a price, and its both sad and comical to see people complain about their $5/mo reseller account that provides poor service.

Regards,

One thing I noticed that nobody mentioned was private nameservers.

I would think that would be an important option/selling point ?

What most customers look for is SSH access, unlimited domain and subdomain creation, live chat support and free migration from other hosts.

Resellers looks for reliable provider with 24/7 support ready to help in any issues who will provide lucrative offer like badwidth, data transfers, account transfer and many many more for a good money.