What are some of the Good / Bad and Uglies you've experienced?

nuwebhosting

What are some of the Good / Bad and Uglies you've experienced with your hosting provider? How did you mitigate the problem or good experience?

When I first started, I've had bad experiences with some providers.

but in the end they all have their policies, and in this business you have to read well these terms and conditions.

Always stay away from what you believe is a bad provider for you.

and stay where things work

When I first started, I've had bad experiences with some providers.

but in the end they all have their policies, and in this business you have to read well these terms and conditions.

Always stay away from what you believe is a bad provider for you.

and stay where things work

Thanks for the feedback, I was more referring to specifics? For example, I once got a host that offered unlimited traffic and web space, however limited me on the number of files I could load onto the server and limited me on the PHP Memory, hence causing the same, the need to upgrade or switch.

I had an issue with one well known provider who refused to honour a money-back guarantee. When it was pointed out, they changed their website and still refused a refund.

I was with a provider years ago where their Level One techs couldn't answer even the most simple of questions. Everything got pushed to Level 2 the next day. How did I mitigate that? I moved on to a different provider.

I had an issue with one well known provider who refused to honour a money-back guarantee. When it was pointed out, they changed their website and still refused a refund.

I'm sorry you experienced that. Wouldn't you be protected thru the payment method you used? i.e. Paypal or Credit Card Provider?

I was with a provider years ago where their Level One techs couldn't answer even the most simple of questions. Everything got pushed to Level 2 the next day. How did I mitigate that? I moved on to a different provider.

It's all too common. I was with one, i.e. as an employee and one of the Giants, walked aboard the team peaked and out did the entire team, needless to say I was not very well liked, so I left, the staff there lacked so much knowledge, most with only scripted responses taught to them during training. Infact the outsourced team knew wayyyyyy more.

Shortly after i started i had a reseller account and a good reputation and clientbase when one day the server went down and it took 3 days to get a reply from the host who blamed a hard drive failure and he would move me to a new server with a new IP ( fine this happens) a couple weeks later the same thing happens and a week spent trying to contact the provider i got the same excuse another HD failure and he would again move me and give me a new IP, waited 24 hrs and nothing, luckily i had backups of all clients, so had to rush and find another host as by this time i had lost 60% of my clients. got a new provider and what clients i had left back online, so i started looking for a more permanent provider, but this time i decided on a VPS. i have never looked back and i am still waiting for a reply from the previous host and that was 6 years ago

Shortly after i started i had a reseller account and a good reputation and clientbase when one day the server went down and it took 3 days to get a reply from the host who blamed a hard drive failure and he would move me to a new server with a new IP ( fine this happens) a couple weeks later the same thing happens and a week spent trying to contact the provider i got the same excuse another HD failure and he would again move me and give me a new IP, waited 24 hrs and nothing, luckily i had backups of all clients, so had to rush and find another host as by this time i had lost 60% of my clients. got a new provider and what clients i had left back online, so i started looking for a more permanent provider, but this time i decided on a VPS. i have never looked back and i am still waiting for a reply from the previous host and that was 6 years ago

WOW! 6 years later these guys are still in business? Thankfully that is one problem I've NEVER had to experience. Hopefully they have better disaster recovery initiatives implemented by now.

Shortly after i started i had a reseller account and a good reputation and clientbase when one day the server went down and it took 3 days to get a reply from the host who blamed a hard drive failure

You waited 3 days for a response whilst all of your clients sites were down? I'd have been out of there haha!

Hopefully that 60% client base didn't give you hell later on through mass negative reviews.

You waited 3 days for a response whilst all of your clients sites were down? I'd have been out of there haha!

Hopefully that 60% client base didn't give you hell later on through mass negative reviews.

I was just starting out and was naive at the time, would not wait as long these days.

i got no negative reviews out of this and managed to get a good portion of the clients back with most still with me 10 year on

One host years ago, told me the package I'm purchasing remains the same, they do not change anything, however years later found myself, having to develop multiple sites, because they kept changing the farm and so often. However if I wished to have it remain the same, they needed to charge me extra $$, " Go figure ", I worked my butt off on the SEO and started ranking on the first page, only to lose everything and start all over. They had to go.

One host years ago, told me the package I'm purchasing remains the same,

That is why i never promise no changes in pricing as you never know when your own costs will increase.

I will always try and keep prices the same for clients, but you cant guarantee this

Again specifics guys, what made you have such great experience? I see they are charging 5.00 for a .xyz tld, that's just a major red flag to me.

They give great customer service and have great support. Their Vps server plans start @ $5.99 & their Dedicated servers plans start @$59.

They give great customer service and have great support. Their Vps server plans start @ $5.99 & their Dedicated servers plans start @$59.

I messaged you a day ago with a request to verify that you are a client of the company that you recommended twice in your first four posts. You can understand that that draws attention.

I would appreciate it if you get back to me with the requested information by replying to my private message to you. If we cannot verify this information, then unfortunately we'll have to take some steps to protect this board's integrity. The information you are share with us remains private.

We are looking forward to help you bring honest feedback to the recommended company.

Ive had great experience with this place <URL snipped>
Great customer service and most important great prices.:)
Under their available control panels, I'm seeing this
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
which is not a confidence builder.

also under their terms and conditions it says

TERMS & CONDITION
Lorem Ipsum Is Simply Dummy Text Of The Printing And Typesetting Industry.

and privacy policy

PRIVACY POLICY
Lorem Ipsum Is Simply Dummy Text Of The Printing And Typesetting Industry.

also under datacentre it shows a load of these symbols

This just shows a lot is still just the default template text and lack of proof reading before making live.