What accounting software do you use?

bespokehosting

Hi,

Do any of your guys use a dedicated accounting package? If so what, and how does it integrate with WHMCS or whatever front end client billing system you are using?

Interested in hearing peoples experiences.

Dean

Hello Dean,

I've always used WHMCS to export transactions/income and then manually workout my expenses. I then compile this data for my accountant who checks and signs off my accounts.

I used Kashflow in the past but I wasn't happy with the integration with WHMCS, it wasn't very reliable.

Jack.

We used to use Quicken for Business, but never integrated. We just used monthly summary etc. We've also used MYOB, QuickBooks and PeachTree, but for what we needed Quicken for Business took care of things.

I'm a fan of a good old fashioned spreadsheet using exported WHMCS data.

We have at least five WHMCS instances across various brands and our main business and accountants do all of the magic work based on reports produced.

We're using WHMCS, It provides all the features & options to manage billing quite easily. We just need to make few settings and it will send the invoices, emails etc. To clients automatically.

We are using WHMCS but now we are building our own billing portal just to freeup from whmcs.

Once that is done we will upload everything on github . So you will be free to make changes according to your need.

Hello,

I use WHMCS for tracking income from customers in a general sense.. does revenue prediction etc too. I use Quickbooks to track expenses related to the business and running it. Modulesgarden makes a plugin for Quickbooks and WHMCS. I've never used it, but it sounds useful You can find out more about it here.

We're using WHMCS to export out transactions and then our accountant takes it from there.

If I remember correctly I tried out Kashflow in the past but didn't really like it.

i just use a simple spreadsheet that i have set up to do all the calculations for VAT, profit and lose etc.
This is good enough for HMRC purposes, so why spend a fortune on expensive packages

good day

We use whmcs for the operation of hosting services, streaming, etc.

For accounting we handle siigo.com, excellent software for Latin America

Blessings

For those of you who "DIY" with your spreadsheets, if you are audited 5 years down the road and they question an amount somewhere in your expenses category, i.e a purchase made feb 13, 2014, would you be able to get them the exact details easily?

For those of you who "DIY" with your spreadsheets, if you are audited 5 years down the road and they question an amount somewhere in your expenses category, i.e a purchase made feb 13, 2014, would you be able to get them the exact details easily?

Yes. I can find an invoice/receipt for any given day or purchase from the day i started in 1999

God bless. Must be quite a fancy spreadsheet.

spreadsheets are set up quarterly and a Profit and Loss report created annually and then annual accounts spreadsheets are saved on a disc and on a flashdrive ( so giving 2 saved copies) then again saved on an external HDD and a hard copy printed.
then the disc and flashdrive along with printed accounts and all invoices/receipts are placed in box files and stored away.
The external HDD is then placed in a safe