WebHosting Website

Glad to hear that you would design it by yourself...I have seen a lot of hosting companies lately going to expensive designers like $2000+ :)

I think these amounts are far too much. You could probably find someone local who knows good website design to design it for a lot cheaper. Or even better, just do it yourself. A nice personal touch makes it a lot better, and there are many applications to make this easy, you dont even need a line of programming, or even much graphical tallent.

You forget to see that when you go to their site the pages themself are not $10K + in cost. WIth the packages also comes a rich media presentation which you can use on CDs that you mail out to clients; on your site as a flash presentation; as an e-mail attachment; power point slide whatever you want.

They are helping design your site and getting your product/services our to the public. So if you are looking for a site/ and a good source of advertising $10k might not be a bad investment.

I would personally not do this right now... but if Im pulling in $50K + a month in hosting like some other large companies... I might opt to do something like that.

FastNetServers said:
Would you personally pay like $2000+ for a web hosting design from www.ceonex.com or would simply design your own or perhaps get a template and have a local designer customize it?

You also have to remember that a template for $50 isnt normally full rights to it... it is distributed all over the net to other people as well. To purchase the full license may cost you $600+

Also when you get a site designed for you, fitting your needs and you make the site more personal and bound to your businesses beliefs... it reflects better on your company.

I have seen many people use templates for their "hosting" companies and the art looks bad ass... but then these poor kids cant even make a nice CSS file to make the text look uniform to the art.

That's a good point, if you can afford it and it really is bette than something you could do, might as well go for it.

But for most pepole it is too expensive and more of a thing you buy just because you can.

I mean, its not hard to take elemts you make for your site design onto other things such as presentations, emails etc.

I would spend that much money on a custom site,
If Ravio still did design like they used to, I would go with them but I have heard too many bad things about them now.
Getting a custom site is worth the money but you have to be sure it will bring in more clients, and money in the end.

I dont know about websites bringing in customers. I mean I have seen some websites that are like only a background and everything typed up in like a letter format and they get about 5 - 10 user signups every hour...so I dont know if it would be the websites :)

I think customers often think a company is as good as their site, I have seen a lot of people with this point of view, even if its totally wrong, its often true.
Many go by the first look of your company, which is often your website. If you have a good site it can give a good first impression to future customers.

I know its at least 10,000 because I called them up to make a site for me. they said for a basic site 10,000 so for the more advanced sites are probley up in the 30,000s

Wow that is a lot...
A lot of people wouldnt make that much in a year of doing full time work.
Do you know how long they would be working on your site?
I think your site is good looking already Vast-Hosting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8