Web Hosting vs Cloud Hosting

Totally depends on what the user is looking to achieve. There is no such comparison that can be done in terms of the hardware required as cloud is a different beast altogether and offers performance that is unmatched. As a starter, I would definitely recommend wordpress as it's the best bang for the buck.

Basically, both web hosting and cloud hosting is better, both have pros and cons and if you want to select any of them, then first define your requirements and choose one which highly meets your hosting needs.
But I highly prefer cloud hosting and the reason is its numerous benefits and among those benefits, the most important one is reliability for instance if a server fails one can easily switch to the other server. Also with cloud hosting, you can easily scale up/down your computing resources and you need to pay only for what you use. Altogether, there are various reason why users get more enticed towards cloud hosting in comparison to web hosting.

Totally depends on your needs and requirements. If you are running small or medium website, which require basic settings supported by shared servers - web hosting should be suitable for you. If you are working on a big project: a large number of visitors are planned and possible leap in the server load, but not sure how many resources will you require - it makes sense to pay attention to cloud hosting. You'll be able to create the server in the cloud due to your requirements - set the needed resources, OS, add drives, RAM etc. Moreover you'll be able to set auto-scalling - means that granted resources will be constantly changing automatically, based on website load and your settings; and pay for resource only you'll actually use.

Cloud hosting is whereby your website is hosted on a cluster of servers instead of having your site hosted on one server. In case of an issue, your site can be migrated to another server. Based on the cloud computing technology, it allows numerous machines to work in synchrony as one entity. The success of cloud hosting is guaranteed by the presence of many servers.
VS
Shared hosting refers to the hosting plan that has multiple websites hosted together and sharing resources on one server (disk space, storage, bandwidth and databases etc). Most, if not all the web hosting providers offer this hosting plan.

I would suggest you to go with the shared hosting service. You will need to confirm the exact traffic coming to your website and exact resources which are needed by your website.

If the shared hosting can fulfil all the requirements then be this it. :)

I would suggest you to go with the shared hosting service. You will need to confirm the exact traffic coming to your website and exact resources which are needed by your website.

If the shared hosting can fulfil all the requirements then be this it. :)

I would also see if the shared provider can host the requirements. Before just upgrading to a VPS/dedicated "just because it may be heavily".

Generally the more the plans costs and the fewer features and storage and bandwidth they provides. Likely means they got infrastructure and/or willing to welcome more resource intensive websites.

If you are single in this project I suggest to choose web hosting.

If you want to sell your services, and of course you will have advantage you could choose the cloud hosting ( which is more expensive ), but there you will do not have the same support as that from web hosting.

There are a lot of positive points when you adopt a cloud hosting. Few are here below.
1. Cloud hosting provide you best security when any important data is lost.
2. You can get regularly update of your software including the updates on security in Cloud hosting.
3. There are lots of cloud providers are reliable in offering their services and some of the applications even function off line.

There is also those that combine both. Our shared servers are in the cloud. I like having high availability in regards to hardware and network. If the hardware node one of our shared cloud servers is on has a hardware or network failure then a replication of our server comes online on another healthy node immediately. Exception being a network outage that is across the entire DC.

Also the ability to restore from snapshot in the event of some other disaster is near instant recovery.

We lose a little flexibility but for me the tradeoff is well worth it.

It depends on what anyone calls "Cloud". Most folks use it as marketing term which lacks a technical specification. If it is that, it is the same. However, if we talk about Cloud Computing model of an It infrastructure, used for delivering Shared (Virtual) Hosting services, then you'd always go for that one as it offers increased availability and on some scenarios automated fault-tolerance. The "standard" web hosting services have long been delivered from stand-alone physical servers.

Cloud Hosting - Hosting on virtual servers(VPS/Cloud Instance/VM), with the ability to scale up as and when needed, and scale down when not needed.

The application should be Cloud ready, to host on Cloud Hosting, or rather to use full benefits of Cloud Hosting.

Is CMS like Wordpress Cloud Hosting ready? Well, you can host central database vm, and scale up/down web serving vms, with a load balancer in front of web.

What factors to scale up/down depends upon what level of automation Cloud Hosting vendors can offer. You can scale up during a weekdays office time or based on detecting high volume traffic instantly or based cpu load on web serving nodes. You can also program your own logic.

So, the questions really comes down to,
- is site compatible/automatable to benefit from Cloud Hosting?
- what is the business impact of not serving site during high traffic?

Cloud Hosting and Web hosting can be the same because these two types of hosting services can have bit the same kinds of setups and deliver a lot of the same results. Web hosting is simply the process of offering remote location and maintenance for files and server space used to support Web projects

Traditional Hosting

This may be a simple solution, however standard organizing is available in 2 kinds:

Devoted Hosting - where you spend for resources committed only to you
Shared Organizing - you pay less, yet have to share sources with others on the same server

Standard hosting has it's disadvantages. Claim you've got a sudden spike in traffic - you're restricted to the current resources that you have actually got and it's difficult to scale.

Cloud Hosting

Cloud holding solves the scalability issue. It's primarily far more flexible and also it's a type of pay-as-you-go version and also you spend for what you utilize. If you require added sources you need to easily be able to modify your server to suit your new demands.

Ask your provider what they mean by cloud hosting, most of the time it's just traditional hosting disguised as cloud hosting.

because basically it is still a server with a hard drive, just the ability to downgrade and upgrade as and when you need to and you only pay for the actual services/resources you are using
Well for me a true cloud is what OVH is offering. It's a cluster of dedicated servers so you can use the resources of all of them at the same time, if a piece of hardware is breaking you won't notice it at all because the other dedicated servers in the cluster are still available and your websites stay online until the tech change the broken piece of hardware.

Well for me a true cloud is what OVH is offering. It's a cluster of dedicated servers so you can use the resources of all of them at the same time, if a piece of hardware is breaking you won't notice it at all because the other dedicated servers in the cluster are still available and your websites stay online until the tech change the broken piece of hardware.
Nothing new as you can cluster VPS for the same reason