Web Hosting vs Cloud Hosting

It's all depends on what you are wanting to host?

Each have both their pros and cons.

Could you explain a little bit about what your trying to achieve and what your wanting to host? And I'll try and shred some light on it.

When you make the jump from web hosting to cloud hosting keep in mind that you'll either need to know how to run the server yourself or you'll usually need to pay for a management package on the server. The control panel + management package may sometimes immediately rule out the option if you're used to a $5/month shared hosting plan.

first you need to define what cloud hosting is to you? some people will argue that all web hosting is cloud hosting, is the one and the same. was email the fist cloud service? when you see a cloud server for $5 a month, you have shared hosting under a different name

You should choose the one which best suits your hosting interest. Cloud hosting uses cluster of servers which enable the user to available resources from multiple servers. If any one of its server counters a problem you could switch to another server.

It is upto your requirement, Netflix like websites are run in cloud hosting because they want to store unlimited data and high availability.

in webhosting, you will get free support, no need to tension about the system administration task but if you are moving to cloud hosting like AWS, you need a basic knowledge about aws or you have to hire a cloud administrator.

in cloud hosting, you will get more reliability, high availability, load balancing and many more features.

:help: web hosting or cloud hosting would be better?

Cloud hosting is better. It can be used as private cloud server, hybrid cloud server, public c loud server according to business requirements. Using cloud hosting, your business can remaqin connected globally. Employees can work remotely and share resources too.

Cloud Hosting has an ability to handle large amount of traffic over shared web hosting so it would be the best option.

Although, Cloud Hosting are expensive as compared with Shared Hosting. :)

Well, I would definitely need Wordpress and I'm doing a project. I'm still new so I do not know the rest of the requirements needed.

Well, I would definitely need Wordpress and I'm doing a project. I'm still new so I do not know the rest of the requirements needed.

Well if it just a start up business or project a basic website hosting account that goes for about 3-10 bucks should do you well (depending on the features you are requiring). :)

You should only really concern yourself with HA if it makes sense...

Say if your average take is 10 bucks per 24 hours period (300 bucks per month (average that is)). This means for every hour of downtime you have you will lose under 50 cents. Probably not worth your time to get a HA setup rolling but...

If you had a site that was racking in 100 bucks PER HOUR then you got juice flowing because now we are talking more than a buck per MINUTE. Now a HA system would makes MUCH more sense for your wallet and efforts. :)

The comparison between shared and cloud hosting is like the comparison between shared hosting and VPS. Realistically I suggest you use whatever will fit your needs now without spending too much. It is nice with most cloud platforms that you can scale up as you need but most quality providers have an upgrade path as well.

I don't really recommend a cloud server / VPS unless you need to be able to customize the server or environment. In many cases you'll be able to do more with a cheap shared plan than you can a moderately expensive cloud server/VPS.

cloud computing service providers

Ecommerce store needs a secure platform and a secure server. It has a transaction data and money is involved. If you choose a VPS which you say a web hosting, your resources are shared.

But, with a Cloud Hosting like Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, Google Compute Engine, etc you will get the dedicated server where all belongs to you. It is secure. It is fast. You would get a better and detailed research on the same here: The Real Difference Between Cloud Hosting and VPS Hosting

Last edited:
Ecommerce store needs a secure platform and a secure server. It has a transaction data and money is involved. If you choose a VPS which you say a web hosting, your resources are shared.

But, with a Cloud Hosting like Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, Google Compute Engine, etc you will get the dedicated server where all belongs to you. It is secure. It is fast. You would get a better and detailed research on the same here: The Real Difference Between Cloud Hosting and VPS Hosting
It's still virtualized and, as such, still possible with the right exploit/vulnerability to breach the isolation. It's far less likely, but still possible.

It's worth noting, afaik, that Digital Ocean for example uses KVM Virtualization which is a type of VPS - hyper-virtualization instead of para-virtualization.

you will get the dedicated server where all belongs to you.
NOT true
Cloud Computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous access to shared pools of configurable resources (such as computer networks, servers, storage, applications and services), Cloud computing allows users and enterprises with various computing capabilities to store and process data either in a privately-owned cloud, or on a third-party server located in a data center - thus making data-accessing mechanisms more efficient and reliable. Cloud computing relies on sharing of resources to achieve coherence and economy of scale, similar to a utility.

You are aware Cloud Hosting is still run on dedicated servers and some on VPS. as it is just a form of hosting just like Shared, Reseller etc.
you can run an Ecommerce store on a VPS without issue.

It is totally depend on your need .....
Web hosting is generally less efficient since it allocates a specified amount of computing resources to each client.
Cloud hosting tackles the increase differently and the website is hosted on a pool of unified computing resources.

:help: web hosting or cloud hosting would be better?

Cloud hosing is one the types of web hosting services, through which your business gains web presence when your business site is hosted on server.
You can go with cloud hosting to secure your data, as it is the self-healing type of service.

Depends on your site & budget. For a new site better and cheaper is web hosting while cloud hosting can manage more powerful projects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys