Vps Hosting

Personally, I think using managed VPS is better especially for those who has little or no linux skills.

You could always change to an un-managed VPS at some point when you are ready to take care of the server on your own. It would save you a lot of money.

Managed VPS hosting can be taken up if you are not good at technical skills and if you are beginner in therms of web hosting. Unamanged VPS you will managing the VPS at your tips .

i've had unmanaged vps and it's expensive to run using cpanel,i tried direct admin did not like it plesk did not like it,stick with managed but be very carefull of their support which is not fast enough.

Should i go with Managed VPS Hosting? What's the major difference?

More precisely, choosing managed or unmanned plans should be proportional to your business requirements.

If you doesn't maintain a good technical team to serve your potential clients then it is wise to invest for a managed plan so as to deliver a great service and in order to retain your customers.

1. If you are running a startup company and you can manage your servers as well as customer by yourself with out any hassles, you can answer any customers questions and capable of resolving their issue at any critical points without breaking any SLAs. Then you should save the money and use it for further business development purposes,rather investing on technical manpower.

2. For any mid-sized or a company running with large scale businesses and have a pool of prospective customers, they should maintain a separate technical team for assisting the server management as well as their customers.

A growing number of individuals these days know how to mange their own servers. If you know the OS, you can pretty much manage your server. Popular companies like DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr mainly offer self managed servers.

Also, if you take a look at Webmin / Virtualmin, it has evolved into a pretty robust panel which lets you manage almost all aspects of your server. Best of all it is free.

So I think the trend is self managed.

A growing number of individuals these days know how to mange their own servers. If you know the OS, you can pretty much manage your server. Popular companies like DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr mainly offer self managed servers.

Also, if you take a look at Webmin / Virtualmin, it has evolved into a pretty robust panel which lets you manage almost all aspects of your server. Best of all it is free.

Self management is a limited strategy rather sticks to the case of a Geek/Tech/Dev who running quiet few servers, but for growing or trending web hosting companies it doesn't matter how easily they can manage the Operating System or control panels or sales/technical questions. As they doesn't wait for self management as it costs time and it impacts on competent business as well.

I ran my own hosting business for 18 years, i know my way around servers, but also chose managed servers as the server providers helps by monitoring servers and sometimes informed me of issues before i was aware of issues.

For me the extra cost of a managed server was far cheaper than hiring staff and also gave me piece of mind as if i come across an issue i was unable to resolve then i knew i could contact server provider who would help resolve issue with no more cost to me or my clients.
Also being a 1 man band you cannot do everything yourself

Fully Managed VPS provides below :
  • 24/7/365 Phone, Email, and Chat Support
  • Full Hardware & Software Management
  • 100% Uptime Service Level Agreement
  • Full Control Panel Support
  • Best Effort 3rd Party Support

I can advise you to compare all web hosting services, as it is a top priority for your new web host business to be well-provided with all necessary tools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saranya Subramaniam