Uptime monitoring

Honestly, I wouldn't trust ANY third party service.

Go with either something in-house, or at the very least; reliable. Try www.paessler.com for their IPCheck software.

Simon

I do use serviceuptime and had no problems with them so far. didn't get any false alarms yet and sms alerts also rules. try it.

i used siteuptime before but it went down one day so I moved to serviceuptime.com and stayed with them. only good impression so far.

Stay away from third-party tools as Simon mentioned. These can go down more than they stay up. Paessler.com looks very interesting. :)

Roj

Alertra has been great for us. Don't know if it was just for existing users or everybody but they have been running a special on their complete "host" monitoring package with all common hosting functions monitored on 5 minute intervals for way less than the "normal" item prices. And they even let us change (many companies wouldn't on a special) so now we are paying less for more. For us they haven't missed yet. :)

You know, it would sound like pure advertising, nevertheless its a qualified answer. I've also recently tested another software application from AvidInteractive "AvidStats". Its a Windows application, very light that tests any URL for all kinds of things (mostly uptime). It works quite, but I'm not sure if it is on the market yet. I guess you guys can ask ANMMark about it.

Best,

Way to go Simon! I envy you.

On a serious note, host-tracker is quite inaccurate. HyperSpin is, on the other hand, much better at recording periods of downtime.

Roj