The cheek of some people

easyhostmedia

Some people have some cheek

Since 15/03/2011 i have the the company TOPHOSTING UK LIMITED set up. the domain tophostinguk.com was registered by a domain broker who asked me if i wanted this for £1000, i refuse this went down to £100 and then £50 and they admitted that i should have the domain but wanted £50. i told them i would pay the going rate for a .com domain and heard nothing more apart from their automated sales messages saying they wanted £50.

I sent them a cease and desist letter telling them that if they sell this then without my permission the name Top Hosting UK could not be used as a business name.

but then i noticed yesterday the domain has changed hands and this site appeared http://tophostinguk.com/billing/ with the footer

Copyright © 2013 Top Hosting UK.

Sooner or later the company will surface on one of the hosting forums, so you'll know who to contact in this regard. They seem to be hiding behind private Whois data.

Sooner or later the company will surface on one of the hosting forums, so you'll know who to contact in this regard. They seem to be hiding behind private Whois data.

True.

I have also written to WHMCS explaining to them that they have no rights to use my business name.

Looks like the domain was first registered in 2009:
http://www.who.is/domain-history/tophostinguk.com

but recent registration

Registrar Info November 18, 2013
Name ENOM, INC.
Whois Server whois.enom.com
Referral URL http://www.enom.com
Status OK
Important Dates
Expires On April 15, 2015
Registered On April 15, 2013
Updated On November 17, 2013

Domain Name: TOPHOSTINGUK.COM
Creation Date: 2013-04-15 18:19:00Z

wonder if its the same people

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1015692

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1046492

well looks like he is trying to pass off.

After reporting him to his host and DC and the IPO (Intellectual Property Office) he sent me an abusive text saying i cant stop him using Top Hosting UK as Tophosting UK is dormant. I explained dormant or not it is still registered to me.
He then suddenly registered TOP HOSTING-UK LTD. I have reported this to Companies House as he is clearly doing this to pass off as my business.

UPDATE from Companies House and the Secretary of State

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:38 PM
To: *************
Subject: Top Hosting-UK Ltd – Company Number 08780308

Our Ref O&D/CR140/533/13-14/L S

Date 21 November 2013

Dear Mr ***********

Top Hosting-UK Ltd – Company Number 08780308

Thank you for your e-mails of the 19th and 20th November 2013 to my colleagues regarding an objection to the above name on the grounds that it is “too like” that of Tophosting UK Limited., which has been passed to the Objections and Directions Team for reply.

I can confirm that the name in question was properly accepted for registration, as it does not contravene any of the provisions of section 66(1) of the Companies Act 2006. In particular it is not the ‘same as’ a name which appeared on the Registrar’s Index of company names at the time it was registered.

Your objection has been considered under the provisions of section 67(1) of the Companies Act 2006, which allows the Secretary of State to direct a company to change its name if it is, in his opinion, the “same as” or “too like” a name which appeared on the Registrar’s Index at the time of its registration.

Having considered all the information available, it is the opinion of the Secretary of State that the above name is ‘too like’ Tophosting UK Limited.

We have therefore issued a direction to the above company under section 67(1) of the Companies Act 2006, requiring it to change its name. Please note that the direction allows a period of twelve weeks for the company to change its name before further action can be considered.

We are not able to comment on why a company has been incorporated, however if you have evidence of misconduct then that should be sent to the Intelligence and Enforcement Directorate, Investigations and Enforcement Services,

Insolvency Service, 3rd Floor, Cannon House, 18 Priory Queensway, Birmingham B4 6FD

Or by e-mail to: Intelligence.live@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk

I will write further once this matter has been finalised and advise you of the outcome.

Yours sincerely

Linda Shirvani (Mrs)

Case Officer, Objections and Directions Team
For Secretary of State
Companies House
Tel. No. 029 20 380 779
Fax. No. 029 20 380 652
e mail enquiries@companieshouse.gov.uk
Companies House
Crown Way
Maindy
Cardiff
CF14 3UZ

They will be mad to ignore communications from The Secretary of State

Business Update

I would like to inform everyone, including Terry that started this post, that he has never owned the hosting business.
A few years ago, when tophostinguk.com was a really good and reliable hosting business it was sold to someone that did not really know how to run a web hosting business and ran it into the ground within a few weeks of taking it over.

A few weeks ago, I came across the domain for sale (.com) and also looked at the co.uk which was not registered to anyone so I purchased them both.
I also then went to register the company (TopHosting UK LTD) and found that Terry still owned it. I contacted him and asked if he would sell me it as it was dormant.

So just to make sure everyone knows, Terry has never owned Top Hosting UK as a hosting company and he purchased the LTD company when the business was owned by someone else.

I would like to inform everyone, including Terry that started this post, that he has never owned the hosting business.
A few years ago, when tophostinguk.com was a really good and reliable hosting business it was sold to someone that did not really know how to run a web hosting business and ran it into the ground within a few weeks of taking it over.

A few weeks ago, I came across the domain for sale (.com) and also looked at the co.uk which was not registered to anyone so I purchased them both.
I also then went to register the company (TopHosting UK LTD) and found that Terry still owned it. I contacted him and asked if he would sell me it as it was dormant.

So just to make sure everyone knows, Terry has never owned Top Hosting UK as a hosting company and he purchased the LTD company when the business was owned by someone else.

well companies house and the secretary of state disagree with you and agree with me and have told you to stop using Top Hosting UK

well companies house and the secretary of state disagree with you and agree with me and have told you to stop using Top Hosting UK

You did not tell them the full and truthful description of events Terry, and its a shame that you did not tell everyone here the full facts.
I am still in talks with Companies House and also trying to appeal against the decision as you did not tell them the whole truth and you have also not told everyone on here the full story or truth which is wrong.
If I had not contacted you, after I found out you still had the dormant company you would be none the wiser.
Have you also requested that the person that owns tophostinguk.net close down too

You did not tell them the full and truthful description of events Terry, and its a shame that you did not tell everyone here the full facts.
I am still in talks with Companies House and also trying to appeal against the decision as you did not tell them the whole truth and you have also not told everyone on here the full story or truth which is wrong.
If I had not contacted you, after I found out you still had the dormant company you would be none the wiser.
Have you also requested that the person that owns tophostinguk.net close down too

companies house are aware of everything and they made their decision. regarding tophostinguk.net, i have a lengthy pleasant chat with them and we worked something out as they were going before i registered top hosting uk limited. you on the other hand got the domains after the company is registered in my name and then tried to set up Top Hosting UK which is my reg. company name and then when that failed you reg TOP HOSTING-UK LTD which what companies house and the secretary of state are saying is too much the same as TOP HOSTING UK LIMITED.
so stop trying to discredit me on this forum when i have done nothing wrong

companies house are aware of everything and they made their decision. regarding tophostinguk.net, i have a lengthy pleasant chat with them and we worked something out as they were going before i registered top hosting uk limited. you on the other hand got the domains after the company is registered in my name and then tried to set up Top Hosting UK which is my reg. company name and then when that failed you reg TOP HOSTING-UK LTD which what companies house and the secretary of state are saying is too much the same as TOP HOSTING UK LIMITED.
so stop trying to discredit me on this forum when i have done nothing wrong

You are the one who is discredit me Terry, answer the following questions truthfully
1: When you purchased TopHosting UK LTD, where you the owner of the business?

2: Have you every traded as a hosting company using the said domains?

Out of respect when I found out that you owned the TopHosting UK LTD, I offered to purchase this from you and I said I we could team up. My offer is still on the table to sell me the LTD and I hope that we can sort this out like adults.

You are the one who is discredit me Terry, answer the following questions truthfully
1: When you purchased TopHosting UK LTD, where you the owner of the business?

2: Have you every traded as a hosting company using the said domains?

Out of respect when I found out that you owned the TopHosting UK LTD, I offered to purchase this from you and I said I we could team up. My offer is still on the table to sell me the LTD and I hope that we can sort this out like adults.

read this from Companies House

Your objection has been considered under the provisions of section 67(1) of the Companies Act 2006, which allows the Secretary of State to direct a company to change its name if it is, in his opinion, the “same as” or “too like” a name which appeared on the Registrar’s Index at the time of its registration.

Having considered all the information available, it is the opinion of the Secretary of State that the above name is ‘too like’ Tophosting UK Limited.

We have therefore issued a direction to the above company under section 67(1) of the Companies Act 2006, requiring it to change its name.

I find it absolutely outrageous that not only does the guy keep being persistent in defying the ruling from Companies House, but that he continues to think of himself as the victim.

Hilarious!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the problem here. Why can't he use the domain tophostinguk.com? One site is talking about hosting in the UK(?) the other is a hosting business. Is it the business name that's at issue here or the domain name? Let me know...