Stripe vs. 2Checkout

2CO is far too expensive and takes too long for the money to get into your bank account. It also takes approx. 15 minutes from a client paying for them to mark invoices as paid. Also they force you to get your clients to use them as if they are not used in a 4 month period they will restrict your account with them to a sellers account only, so you cant accept payments through them. we had many issues with them and it was hard to get support

We now use Stripe ( yes had to pay for a gateway module to use WHMCS) but you get paid quickly and so far ( nearly 12 months) never had a single issue

To clarify, I'm not looking to switch. I just want to start a discussion so people are aware of the pros and cons..

Skip them both and stick with PayPal.

We have tried to move away from PayPal many times for CC processing and at the end of the day we end up back with PayPal as their support & services is just too much better.

Once you grow enough with PayPal their rates will become better than you can get pretty much anywhere else.

We have tried to move away from PayPal many times for CC processing and at the end of the day we end up back with PayPal as their support & services is just too much better.

Once you grow enough with PayPal their rates will become better than you can get pretty much anywhere else.

So far, Stripe has been excellent to us when it comes to support. I've had too many negative encounters with Paypal, so I try to stay away from them (although we do offer Paypal payments) :twocents:

stopped offering Paypal to new clients as it was becoming a joke as 3 times in 2 years Paypal decided to cancel several clients subscriptions without and intervention from us or the clients and everytime we called them all they could say was they have no idea how it happened and it wont happen again.

So far, Stripe has been excellent to us when it comes to support. I've had too many negative encounters with Paypal, so I try to stay away from them (although we do offer Paypal payments) :twocents:

We process a lot of money via PayPal every month between our retail and enterprise divisions which may be giving me a slanted view a bit. We have a dedicated account manager, full support via phone and also extremely low rates on both PP & CC payments...even with the cross border fees our costs are below their their starting tiers :shh:

Something you may want to keep in mind as you grow :)

Out of Stripe and 2CheckOut personally, I'd go with Stripe. They're very friendly and the system they have in place is very easy to use.

You need to evaluate both (transaction fees, region availability, integrations etc) and go with what you feel would work with your company best.

For whatever reason, some of my clients will not use PayPal in any form so I offer both, along with Amazon payments.

Stripe has been well-received and works well for my purposes. Haven't looked back after replacing Auth.net with Stripe.

Have tried many others but always go back to paypal.
No reserve and quick payments.

Doesn't stripe have a reserve too, like 2co?

Have tried many others but always go back to paypal.
No reserve and quick payments.

Doesn't stripe have a reserve too, like 2co?

Depends on where you are. In the US, the reserve is now 2 days, I believe.. Here in Canada, we still have to wait 7 days for our money...

Always Stripe will win when comparing between Stripe vs 2CO even with Paypal in terms of transaction fees, automated transfer....and many other features.

Always Stripe will win when comparing between Stripe vs 2CO even with Paypal in terms of transaction fees, automated transfer....and many other features.

What "features" do you have with Stripe that are unavailable with PayPal?

PayPal is cheaper than Stripe, has automated payments, has a much better tiered price structure and quite a few other useful tools such as their fraud filters and support.

PayPal is cheaper than Stripe,

PayPal is only cheaper when using the 50cent flat fee business payments which do not allow credit cards and are only for US-based businesses.

The flat fee business payments is the main reason I use PayPal as I have a large number of "overseas" customers and the vast majority if my US-based customers are businesses that prefer credit cards over PayPal.

There is really no reason not to give customers variety and many find that e.g., Amazon payments are convenient if they have an Amazon account.

More is better!