SpeedDesk.com, Anyone no anything about it?

Zachary McClung

Hey HostingDiscussion,

It has been awhile. HOw is everyone doing? I hope they are doing well. I have a question and I would like Mark to responsed as well.

Does anyone know of Speedesk.com? Do they provide intellodesk license? Mark did you team up with? I am just curious because I was solicited by them today.

I hope everyone has a great holidy.

Speedesk is just outsourced support.

Intellodesk is by avidinteractive. The only relationship they have is that if you purchase a license of intellodesk (only available at avid) you get 25% off support.

I think, Mark can confirm hopefully I'm right :D.

Also speedesk.com looks like it is offline?

Yes, I hope that mark does reply. It looks like they have a partnership going. I am curious to know how they picked the particular outsourced support firm.

avidInteractive and SpeedDesk.com have in fact entered into a co-promotional partnership, in which SpeedDesk has become an official partner service of avidInteractive.

Generally speaking, when signing up for SpeedDesk service ($85/mo), you receive 24/7 outsourced support, and a free IntelloDesk license, as long as you remain a client of SpeedDesk. IntelloDesk would be hosted on your own server, and manned by SpeedDesk staff.

SpeedDesk does not sell IntelloDesk. IntelloDesk can only be purchased from avidInteractive, and current/future IntelloDesk licensed distributors.

Current IntelloDesk clients, as well as current and new AvidNewMedia Resellers, will get 25% off of SpeedDesk services.

That is currently the extent the partnership.

The decision to grant SpeedDesk a mutual co-promotional partnership was based on multiple aspects.

Primarily the guys at SpeedDesk impressed us with not only their kind attitudes, but their overall knowledge in their field. avidInteractive was moved by SpeedDesk's ambition of knowing what they wanted, and going after it (namely this partnership).

In addition to those personal aspects, we chose to acknowledge them, and grant the partnership based on overall brand awareness of the IntelloDesk product, from a new, ambitious company that gave us reason to believe that they will be an outstanding outsource company, with drive and creativity.

you simply cannot buy that kind of alliance and publicity, and do it at such a infant level, that you can grow both the product, and the outsource service at the same time.

BHNSupport said:
Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Has anyone used speeddesk?

Not to sound negative or anything. But hosts using outsourced support from what I have seen....well frankly seem to be viewed negatively or have even moved away from outsourcing since outsourcing couldn't give the support that hosts in the end really wished (there is only so much outsourced support can do compared to real technicians.

Senad,

Biz Hosting Network is not outsourcing support. That is something that I need to clear up straight from the get go. I do support along with my team of eleven others. :)

The reason why I asked, is because sometimes it gets hetic and may take longer then normal to have a request answer. That is when i twould be nice to have an extra set of hands. I am not looking for somone to take over support and I know our clients would be disappointed not to hear my smiling response at 4:00 in the morning.