Softaculous or Installatron

Fantastico is generaly acknowledged as the best. But it is having around 50 applications. Softaculous on the other hand is having 250 applications in full version.

People would be much better off to do their own manual installs and cut these panels/installers out all together. The few times I did play with Softaculous and Fantastico they fudged the installs in one way or the other. Trim the fat off your hosting and install things yourself :)

for years now hosts have been providing auto installers to their clients as this is what clients want

MOD NOTE: Edited to keep conversation on topic.

for years now hosts have been providing auto installers to their clients as this is what clients want

I agree many people want these. Many of them don't even know that it is possible and in most cases better to do your own manual install. I don't want to argue but maybe my ideas or way to convey them is a bit harsh. People are better off to not take the easiest route sometimes. If you are serious about your site and business take the time to learn about what makes it tick, it will pay off down the road.

I agree many people want these. Many of them don't even know that it is possible and in most cases better to do your own manual install.

Most of my clients know that you can manually install scripts, but prefer the auto route as its quicker to do. I have been oiffering hosting for 11 years so know how my business runs and what clients want.

Most of my clients know that you can manually install scripts, but prefer the auto route as its quicker to do. I have been oiffering hosting for 11 years so know how my business runs and what clients want.

I never said you don't know what they want or that you don't know how your business runs :) If you have been doing it for 11 years successfully than you obviously are doing some things right. That is about the same length of time as I have been doing Sys Admin work (Linux) ;)

Softaculous is really best application. It provides number of free scripts which are not easily available for installation. if we compare fantastico with Softaculous then Softaculous is much better than fantastico.

It provides number of free scripts which are not easily available for installation.

yes Softaculous do initially offer a free version with 55 scripts (which dont include Wordpress etc.) but to pay $1.50 a month or $12 a year for a full version you currently get 278 scripts.

Fantastico 50 scripts
Installatron 83 scripts
cPanel 19 scripts

I'll put my money on Softaculous. For a small fee per year you get easy installation for a large number of scripts. They are updating scripts often enough, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellogs