Reselling Dedicated & Colocation Services

GordyMac

Do you re-sell dedicated servers and/or colocation services to your clients? If yes, where do you resell for, what datacenter? Any fees to be a reseller? How would one become a reseller?

I resell for one company only right now, Staminus.net, they are a great company but a bit expensive, especially when you want to add a control panel, Plesk, cPanel etc..

Otherwise, they are a great provider, especially for IRC.

I get a lot of my servers our of a company inside ThePlanet (company will be left nameless for their protection). They have a very good turn around time on getting servers up. They have about a total of 240U of rack space, 2 power backup generators and 2 bandwidth providers.

I have been with them for about 5 months now. No problems what so ever...

They basically give me a list of what stuff costs etc.... then I make my own packages and take on a few bucks a month.

I dont resell dedicated servers...I have dedicated servers colocated in different Data Centers near in Pennsylvania, Los Angeles and Wisconsin. I do resell colocation services for all these 3 data centers where I colocate my servers in. Regarding The Planet it is a good place to start off reselling dedicated servers but the commission rate is not too great from what I heard from some of their current resellers since I was planning to resell their dedicated servers as well.

Right.. I was thinking on reselling Nocster servers for Webhosting.. any comments?

I still would like to find a place to resell IRC servers from, with greater bandwidth and such.. any ideas?

Resell nocster servers to people looking to buy them from me. What do you think of the nocster/burstnet network?

Gordy...to be honest with you the BurstNet network is awesome and even their service is good espcially Benji and Mike from BurstNet...but the one disadvantage I think would be their setup time which can range from 2 days to as long as 14 days but once they set you up then they are awesome...support can be a pain sometimes but else they are good overall...also offer economical servers for you to resell to your customers.

Yeah I like their reseller program and their servers.. I actually had one not too long ago and *cough*still have access*cough* even though I did not pay for it for about two months.. I would like to use this server but with my luck, if I used it, it would get shut down so I would rather not risk it.

<!--QuoteBegin-GordyMac+Oct 18 2003, 08:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GordyMac @ Oct 18 2003, 08:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Resell nocster servers to people looking to buy them from me. What do you think of the nocster/burstnet network? [/b][/quote]
They have alot problem with the network before.

Ok.. but Rackshack does not have a reseller program, well at least they did not last time I asked about it.. and I beleive DN's is not accepting any new resellers for a bit.

I know for RackShack doesn't have a reseller program...could you please let me know who is DN :) you might want to try ServePath at www.servepath.com. I heard EXCELLENT support but their server configs and pricing is ok...not the best :)

<!--QuoteBegin-FastNetServers+Oct 19 2003, 03:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FastNetServers @ Oct 19 2003, 03:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I know for RackShack doesn't have a reseller program...could you please let me know who is DN :) you might want to try ServePath at www.servepath.com. I heard EXCELLENT support but their server configs and pricing is ok...not the best :) [/b][/quote]
That is DedicateNOW.com