Reseller Income

I'd recommend to run reseller business simultaneously with your current job. As this is not a quick method to get rich :)
But if you 're ready to work hard, then who knows, maybe you'll become next industry leader ;)
Cheers!

hes heading to become the next Donald Trump or Lord Alan Sugar :D

How would you like to run a business that only cost say 100 dollars a month and make a profit each month and could grow to a 70,:)000 dollar a year income. That is what I call reseller hosting....

I am spending twice that much and getting half that income. I must be doing something wrong :shaky:

re - Our pricing platform

Hello,

I hold a Reseller Hosting with my business. I have developed it in a portfolio way. I believe credit unions use this thorey and it works as well as I have a lot of clients.

We start you on the basic portfolio, once you have reached a certain amount of reciepts or $$$ then we will move you onto the next level.

We have made all the levels easy for you to reach. We also offer our customers special discounted deals on local events, music fesitvals ect so that they can give them to their customers as well as an incentive.

It works very well.

I believe you can grown you business to make £70,000 a year, even after taxes, but not from a $100 reseller account, to generate that income you would need to host alot of sites, more than any single server I've seen would handle.
But it's a good place to start! But you would probably be better off with a good VPS and a nice control panel for $100 a month
Before you are making that kind of cash you will have servers, standby servers, backups systems and all the other stuff a good host needs.

Trying hard to figure out if reseller is enough for me, or if I need to step it up a level or two (at least to dedicated server or VPS). I am a web designer, but have always offered hosting for my clients. Most I design for host through me as well. My current reseller account is through HostGator, and I have 20 accounts. These are all small businesses because I do this on the side (I am a network admin at a charter school). Anyways, does TRUE reselling take huge advertising $$$? Tons of time? I am becoming more and more interested in doing this, or just going affiliate route and possibly dropping it all together... hell, possible to setup server rack in my basement and host myself? :)

Reseller account is for small scale operations. To earn 70k as part of your salary you need to rent servers at least. To earn 70k as pure profit you need your own infrastructure.

Get a server, colocate it for 100/month and host 1,000 sites at $6month. That's $72k/yr

Doesn't sound realistic at all.

What kind of server you have? $100/m server inclusive of all licensing costs (cpanel etc...) hosting 1000 sites with good performance?

Doesn't sound realistic at all.

What kind of server you have? $100/m server inclusive of all licensing costs (cpanel etc...) hosting 1000 sites with good performance?

The $100/mo is for colo. The discretionary fixed costs you are referring to can be covered by the 2k mentioned in post.

You should be able to get 1000 sites on a server easy. But you need to know more than to click on a control panel icon. I've done it on Windows servers

No one really answered mine, so I will ask another simple one :) I had never even heard of colocation until seeing on here, and that seems pretty awesome. Instead of server in my bedroom closet, I colocate one. I am guessing you mean more than one server though, correct? Otherwise you can just get dedicated server not colocate. I have been checking out some of the hosts on here for colocation as well, I am really digging it. Wow that sounds corny.

paradiseweb - safest way is to follow natural progression reseller - vps - dedicated - colocation. Once you feel you have outgrown current platform and business might stall move to next. Jumping right on colocated equipment might quickly add many problems and unnecessary increase cost. Never put production server anywhere else than datacenter. You can colocate single server but it must work out cheaper (including spare HDD, stick of RAM) over 3 years than rented one to make sense.

No one really answered mine, so I will ask another simple one :) I had never even heard of colocation until seeing on here, and that seems pretty awesome. Instead of server in my bedroom closet, I colocate one. I am guessing you mean more than one server though, correct? Otherwise you can just get dedicated server not colocate. I have been checking out some of the hosts on here for colocation as well, I am really digging it. Wow that sounds corny.

The primary difference between co-location and dedicated server is ownership and responsibility of the hardware. With a dedicated server you are renting someone else's hardware and would be a little more expensive than colocation where you can own the server on your own terms. The more servers you have the more economic colo becomes

Colocation will require more server managment savvy than a dedicated server

The primary difference between co-location and dedicated server is ownership and responsibility of the hardware. With a dedicated server you are renting someone else's hardware and would be a little more expensive than colocation where you can own the server on your own terms. The more servers you have the more economic colo becomes

Colocation will require more server managment savvy than a dedicated server

For co-location do you buy server through them? Ship yours? I thought with colo they still basically sold you the server and then kept it onsite.

For co-location do you buy server through them? Ship yours? I thought with colo they still basically sold you the server and then kept it onsite.

You don't have to buy a server from a datacenter when doing colocation (though I guess with some it may be an option).

@Collabora - 1k sites on a single server is quite a lot. While I am sure possible I wouldn't ever let a single server get to that limit, just imaging the potential problems.

Most providers buy servers parts from newegg or sometimes ebay for used parts. And then talk to guys over the data center for the type of rack and bandwidth you require and is able to pay. You then ship the parts over the data center and pay the monthly quoted fee. Depends on providers and your skills, you need to pay management fee for the server. If something goes wrong they will "manage" so to say. If you don't pay the management fee. You're on your own.

You can buy the server from any store or vendor. Then you would ship the server (or vendor would deliver) to datacenter. I once had a rack at Hurricane Electric and used a local server builder near datacenter; they would deliver and rack the server. After i moved my servers to Los Angeles I was able to visit the datacenter (ISWest) myself and do the installing, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys