Question about Non Techi Outsourced Support

webchathelp

Hi,

I just started an Outsourced company. I am US based and everyone speaks english as a native language.

I know india has the hosting community locked down, I am looking to target consumer driven sites - retail, e-commerce, community/membership sites etc.

I know most complaints are from the language barrier, which is why I believe there is such a gap for non technical businesses.

I have been an entrepreneur since 1991 with many successful businesses, so I am confident in the level of service I can provide. But I can always learn a thing or two.

My question is, what do you feel is the best way to partner with hosts and designers to offer my services. My target audience is already in a great relationship with the host and designer.

Currently I offer a referral program, that gives 10% on signup and then 5% a month residual.

Any suggestions you may have on making this worth while for hosts/designers to help us grow our business is much appreciated.

Also anything you think (besides price -we are competitive) that we can add service wise to help people lean towards us and not the dirt cheap prices offered from india.

Currently we are at $500/month/seat -- each seat will handle 3000 chats/month.

COMMENTS PLEASE!!!:D

Hello Webchathelp! and welcome to the forums.

I am going to have a good read over your post first thing in the morning and will get a reply out to you. The topic seems interesting and hopefully we can put some input in to help you out.

thanks - i used to be a member - a long time ago i think, but the board looks different -- i sold guaranteed traffic, seo and web sites - so i am familiar with the hosting industry (I own a dedicated server)

I am hoping that this is a needed service and I want to make the best of the opportunity to get feedback from the hosting community.

Hey there :)
This is a needed service but there are so many people offering it from india for next to nothing it will be very hard to compete.

The companies that are small enough to want a very good reputation (Including their support) will have a smaller budget, which is something they will consider a lot.
The companies with a bigger budget that wouldn't care as much don't really think about this too much, they know they will still get customers.

I am starting to stay away from companies with support from other countries...I seriously can't understand some of them and they can't understand me.

Even Americans have a hard time understanding an Irish accent a lot of the time so someone that doesn't have English as their first language...

well india definitely has the tech support market tied up -but we are not going after that because they are too ingrained

again less than $3 an hour - that is very competitive for indian based companies who charge an average of $2 an hour. I think most will see the value of paying a buck extra for someone who speaks english natively and more importanly knows our culture and expectations.

Retail businesses that have sites, membership sites, e-commerce sites -thats the target

500 a month for a seat - that is very affordable, especially considering how it will improve the bottom line.

I do disagree with the ones who can afford it -im not talking about dell sized companies - i am talking companies making less than 2 million a year from web business - there are plenty - if they are making 10k a month and many do -then they need our service -and i am positive as a business owner they see the benefit of outsourcing it.

But good points you bring up - ive been consutling since 1991 and I know there are a lot of owner operators that are small minded - so there are a bunch who wont see the value.

I am looking to the businesses that DO see the value and how I can improve the value proposition to them

all input is appreciated guys :)

We are still building up the active users here :) Activity is starting to gain traction and hopefully threads will become a lot busier over the next month.

I speak to a number of tech support or customer support people on the phone and I admit that I am not too keen on the ones who have English as a second language. I often have to call a few times to get the task resolved. I like the idea of it, but I think it needs fine tuning and I am sure as time goes on it will get better as their English language skills get better.

From the sounds of your service it seems like you will be passing right through this obsticle with English being the first language.

One thing you may want to do is offer 50% discount for the first month or a free trial for a week where they can test the services and see what you have to offer.

Great Idea matthew,

I had considered that, but thought a full 30 day guarantee was more powerful (although more risky for me)

Do you feel others would be more inclined to try for a week or at 50% off.

I wouldnt give a free week and/or discount PLUS a money back guarantee.

Which would make you try us quicker?

What i dont want is, for instance, now is a holiday, and a bunch of people say "hey! free holiday coverage" and have no intention of really buying our service long term.

Should i have blackout dates? should i do some sort of qualification?

what are you guys thoughts on this matter?

Good observation there! It could work 2 ways. Some may take advantage, but also in taking advantage they might think "wow, they did a top quality job" and continue services.

I think a balance is needed somewhere so there is a fair evaluation time length, but not something to mean they can dissapear for the holiday season. Maybe a Mon, Wed, Fri might work and they have chance to see a week with and with out help so they can see what it was like.

i like that idea - and i wont do xmas or new years with it

paypal allows a "trial" before a subscription, maybe i will set that and try it to see how it works out.

I am not sure how the 3 days on 3 off would work-only as a business owner, if i offer something i want it to be consistent, otherwise one day a visitor comes and there is support and the next its not -looks bad on both my customer and me.

I am always open to try new things, so we will see how it goes :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost