ProvideSupport.com - We've used them all and this one rocks.

niyogi

As an outsourced support company, we've used many, if not ALL the available live chat software solutions out there.

On top of them is ProvideSupport.com. The flexibility, customer service, pricing, free trial, and ongoing improvements/developments should make this an easy decision for those who want to add live chat to their website.

I'm in no way affiliated with them - just want to give them two solid thumbs up.

http://www.providesupport.com

Cheers,
Roj

BoldChat ain't that good (we've used it) and it's particularly more expensive when you start adding up the math.

Roj

What limitations does the free version have?... Maybe I should go look it up :) I will post back in a few moments.

actually its all over when you go to the home page they dont discuss pricing, but they mention a free version.

I know, because before I started the operator service, i used thier free version on several sites. I decided to start it as a business since we got so good at various site support!

when you go to sign up, or look at pricing, you see options of free, basic, pro and crm.

They actually used to be web based. SO you would open a browser to take the calls, but last year or year before, they instituted a client that is downloaded to your computer. (no spyware) Its all coded .net now.

They are very reliable and it works great.

For a small site, the free is fine, you get multiple chats and can see the url they are asking for help from as well as primary ip address.

Upgrades, add geographic locations, reports, transferring chats etc. Stuff that we use in the call center, but for a small site doesnt matter as much.

I wish there was some way for me to get credit, but i dont know of any, i have referred dozens of customers to them -they rock.

Again, i don't work for them,we just use their advanced services as our backend.

Im sure there are other good ones out there, but as far as I know, they have been the only one for years who have an unlimited use free version.