Pros & Cons of Bitcoin

Bitcoin is a very good method of payment especially for micro-payments. I think that in the future all big hosters will use bitcoins to receive money from their customers.

The fad of bitcoin will eventually pass. It's not regulated, it's not 'official' currency, it's just nothing but a group of kids trying to drive up their own worth.

The fad of bitcoin will eventually pass. It's not regulated, it's not 'official' currency, it's just nothing but a group of kids trying to drive up their own worth.

Umm, probably yes and no. I've read a few financial articles in which biggest financial institutions were showing interest in Bitcoin, have had conferences about how they could use the system. Bitcoin reminds me of how things changed for travel agencies. Once people could book their own flights and vacations online, they no longer needed their local travel agent. Seems like banks want to be better prepared. But certainly it isn't yet regulated, which makes it a struggle on everyone's end.

I don't think so. The not being regulated aspect certainly raises a valid point though I wouldn't put it down to a group of kids trying to drive up their own worth.

Bitcoin has gotten pretty serious over the years with new companies constantly adding them as an option to pay with. Gateways are recognising this and are adding Bitcoin as a payment option (Take Stripe for example and even PayPal through their Braintree subsidiary).