PHPLive

Smokey

I am currently using for my support PHPLive Premium and the only hing I don't like about is there is no ticket system. There is the live chat option, but if you are not online it send you emails. I would rather have something with the live chat plus the ticket system so customers can check on the status of teh ticket. Does anyone know of any sript that uses both these options?

I know that HelpCenterLive provides this, but through my experience with it, some people just can't get it to work with their computer. Otherwise, it is a fairly decent script, provided that it is free.

Jordan you quit following me around. LOL One of the features of PHPLive that I forgot to mention is that it monitors all your traffic. It shows you all the customers ips on any page with a support link image. Do you know if the HelpCenterLive offers that?

Yes it does. The statistics are pretty basic, but it does provide an IP and hostname.

And I go where the action is!!! :agree:

Oh...and I don't have much of a life, so I'm here almost always. It's sad....but I'm in a love affair with HD....what else is there to say???

Last edited:
Smokey said:
Jordan you quit following me around. LOL One of the features of PHPLive that I forgot to mention is that it monitors all your traffic. It shows you all the customers ips on any page with a support link image. Do you know if the HelpCenterLive offers that?

LOL! I know many that schose to go the free route and get Bold Chat. I tested it myself and it works pretty well. But PHP Live sounds like it is worth it for the statistcal features.

PHP chat uses lots of resources .. in that case if you need quick responce go for CCS and it also give quit good performance ... :thumbup:

Smokey you might want to look at the Timpani Contact Manager offered by Live Person (www.liveperson.com). They have a build in helpdesk into their live chat application which is very good but it is kinda pricing...$150/concurrent operator.

LivePerson is great, but as Danich mentioned it is VERY pricey. On a side note I was able to get the sales person down to $149/month for two concurrent operators - so if you do decide to go with LivePerson, do a LiveChat and get the LiveOperator to try and cut you a deal.

LivePerson its really helpfull for hte sites that have heavy traffic on chat ..in that case liveperson helps a lot to handle the chats ..

PHPlive is good, they provide software for windows and you can respond all support request using that software.. but phplive using so much bandwidht because that program refresh a page automaticly... maybe u can try kayako product that's good too... all is up 2 u ... good day!

Well I would like to thank everyone for their input. After alot research I decided to go with a number of systems. First for the live chat I decided to go with the phplive along with the desktop monitor. For the helpdesk option I could not resist but ot go with the kayako esupport. It was everything I was looking for plus more. It inegrates right with my modernbill and I have it set to intecept all support emails. Along with those option I also decided to add a user forum. I make good use of that to make announcements and ask for suggestion. It also comes in handy for my customers to interact and help eachother with problems.

So I believe I have covered all the bases and the customer response has been outstanding.

Reviving this Thread.

It's nice to see PHPLive have regained their senses and have started production again. There was months where their was no Support or upgrades but they are back with new staff looks like.

I must add... PHPLive is a great tool... However, if you lose it... gosh help you...

when you are offline just hide the icon using PHP or have that email sent to a ticketing system like esupport by kayako....?

I strongly suggest Kayako Support Suite. Many find the price to be a little steap, however with a built in ticket system, live help, PDA support,and remote windows live-chat software, you cant go wrong with it. Its an excellent piece of software

Smokey said:
I am currently using for my support PHPLive Premium and the only hing I don't like about is there is no ticket system. There is the live chat option, but if you are not online it send you emails. I would rather have something with the live chat plus the ticket system so customers can check on the status of teh ticket. Does anyone know of any sript that uses both these options?

You can use something that uses email piping to another ticket system. This is what we do. If you select to send an email to the offline chat icon it will open a ticket in our WHMCS ticket system.

Mod Note: 3.4 Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.

Last edited by a moderator: