PayPal Can not respond to my support requests and have limited our account.

cheapdedicated

A month ago Paypal sent us a mail that we had reached a milestone and needed to send proof of Identity and address. This is something that had happened before but I sent my National ID and a bank statement as proof of both. The link to submite the requested details changed to

"Thank you for providing the information requested for identity confirmation. Your account is currently being reviewed. We will notify you once the review process has completed. Thank you for your patience."

Two weeks ago Our account was limited for failure to submit the requested details which we actually submitted. I tried to resend but the link has no such option anymore it just gives the above Thank you message.

We are now stuck with my account limited and despite contacting PayPal support they never respond to any support request. Instead they send an automated message every day with a customer survey to rate our experience with dealing with their support.

I have tried their Facebook and twitter accounts still no help. I tried the community page which has moderators no one has picked interest in our case. How does one manage to get PayPal support to respond to their Support mails?

This is perhaps one of the most challenging experience around is to be able to speak to someone in popular companies like PayPal, Skype, etc, whenever there is an issue to resolve.

If you correctly submitted the support request only recently, perhaps give them a little more time to respond as they might take days to do so. Other than that, I would just keep trying to reach out through any means possible. Sooner or later someone ought to take notice.

This is perhaps one of the most challenging experience around is to be able to speak to someone in popular companies like PayPal, Skype, etc, whenever there is an issue to resolve.

If you correctly submitted the support request only recently, perhaps give them a little more time to respond as they might take days to do so. Other than that, I would just keep trying to reach out through any means possible. Sooner or later someone ought to take notice.

Well its now weeks since the first support request and no response. Imagine the service providers we need to pay and we must go on offering explanations without knowing when PayPal will respond.

I am curious, have you verified the account when you opened it (credit card or bank account verification)?
Do you have a sizeable balance on the account? By limited account do you mean you are restricted in certain features only or are you not able to use anything (or have access to funds)?

I am curious, have you verified the account when you opened it (credit card or bank account verification)?
Do you have a sizeable balance on the account? By limited account do you mean you are restricted in certain features only or are you not able to use anything (or have access to funds)?

Like I said when we opened the account we added credit card etc and used the account well. However I learnt that when you receive a certain amount of money in one year then PayPal asks for verification which we submitted but they have not reviewed. The limitation is that the funds in our account can not now be withdrawn nor can we use our account to make payments. BUT we still receive funds very well. Yes we have some sizable balance on our account as its the main business account where we are paid as a company.

I hope someone else here would have some information on how to deal with something like what you are experiencing. If someone went through the same, perhaps they'd have more ways to contact PayPal.

I would recommend contacting them through the phone during their business hours. If the e-mail part they respond rather hard, once you get a hold on through the phone, they can solve your problems rather fast. To find out their phone number, you have to go to contact support on their support page and a phone number will be generated there, with a unique ID that identifies you and you will give it to the call operator.

I have never had a problem calling PayPal, using their Unique ID and resolving any issue with them. Personally, I couldn't ask for a better service from them.

It sounds to me that yous submitted the information but PayPal haven't been able to review it before their freshold.

Your best bet will be calling them, email is going to take longer.

I have never had a problem calling PayPal, using their Unique ID and resolving any issue with them. Personally, I couldn't ask for a better service from them.

Until it starts costing you close to a dollar per minute and you have to wait for over 20 minutes and your phone is still on hold.

Until it starts costing you close to a dollar per minute and you have to wait for over 20 minutes and your phone is still on hold.

Can always call via Skype or using any long-distance provider.

What's the other option? Having all your funds locked up?

Can always call via Skype or using any long-distance provider.

What's the other option? Having all your funds locked up?

I understand what you mean but the bigger question is why would PayPal make it a normal business practice not to offer timely email support yet it serves an international market? Yes I understand they have a volume of mails to deal with but if it takes 30 days to serve a client is that business model really worth it?

I've never had to wait 30 days for a response from PayPal. Just note they always send you an automated answer with some pre-written information and somewhere in that email it'll say 'If none of the above helped you, reply to this email and a rep will assist you'.

Once you reply to the automated email that states that (or something along those lines), you'll get an actual answer within 1 - 3 days.

I've never had to wait 30 days for a response from PayPal. Just note they always send you an automated answer with some pre-written information and somewhere in that email it'll say 'If none of the above helped you, reply to this email and a rep will assist you'.

Once you reply to the automated email that states that (or something along those lines), you'll get an actual answer within 1 - 3 days.

I agree, but what i dont like is that Paypal always think they are the law and what they have in their agreements etc. are all legal as you agree to them.