Outsourcing support

Outsourcing is cheap and reliable. Usually used from India.

On one hand, you are asking the question.
On the other, you provide the answer.

Please explain how you know outsourcing is cheap and reliable if you are asking about what it costs in the first place? And then why is outsourcing reliable? Have you used outsourcing companies before to make the statement? What kind of control did you have over quality assurance?

Or are you just posting for the sake of increasing your post count?

The heart of hosting is support. I wouldn't stay happy knowing that my clients are supported by 3rd company some where in the world, that have no idea how much effort i had to do to get these clients. Btw, i think it was interesting to know the % of clients retention in companies that out source their support versus the one's that don't...

Have you ever used outsourcing support?
If yes, where from?
Interesting job in your signature! I bet you get lots of gigs around Halloween. LOL

Have we ever used outsourced support? Of course, when the need arose, but generally it's kept in-house.

Hello,

We keep as much staffing as possible internal, and where possible just to myself.

However, as a reseller (due to the free nature of services provided), we sometimes have to 'outsource' to our network providers.

Commonly referred to in tickets as 'Escalated to the datacenter', to make us seem a little more professional.

Although if a customer enquiries, we will tell them, we actually have a section in our sitemap listing our sponsors, however we plan to make dedicated pages for each one, or at the least a dedicated sponsors page.

Anyways, that's a little off topic. I generally keep in-house unless it's beyond my abilities, as whilst providing free hosting, answering tickets within a few hours is more than acceptable, as many provide no ticketing system at all.

- Kieran

If you want to save more money then outsource your business. But of course there will be pros and cons along the way. But lots of companies are practicing it now by getting skilled staffs from Asia.

To be honest I would not outsource support if you are a small-mid sized business. Your biggest advantage is quality support as the big brands have generally poor support.
You would be giving up on one of your biggest reason why customers would choose you.
I can understand why huge companies outsource support though.

Outsourced support could be good. The most of them are from India and that's why it is commonly considered as "low-quality". But I can assure you, that there are a lot of other countries where you can find staff with better language & technical skills for the same money $2/hr or lower (depends on your niche)

I have worked with two outsourced support firms in the past. One was extremely disappointing, even though they have a good name. The other is the second poster in this very thread and if their style matches your needs, they did good work for a good price.

You know, a quality outsourced IT service organization will have the resources to start new projects right away. Handling the same project in-house might involve weeks or months to hire the right people, train them, and provide the support they need. For most implementations, quality IT companies will bring years of experience in the beginning saving time and money.

If the company is running the large scale business then it's always best to work with the outsourced support. If you would like to provide the service 24x7 with the various departments then you can hire any of the company for handling that departmental support.

I would say it is budget solution for you, you can try it.

HOW?

It is always best to run support in house where you have full control rather than outsource to a company a few thousand miles away.

I would agree, as well. Just because large companies may tend to outsource doesn't means they always and nor is the best way.

Outsourcing itself isn't bad for your business

Outsourcing to some crappy company in India so that you can claim 24x7 support, and save a ton of $$$ is bad for business.

If you do your research, you can find plenty of outsourcing companies who have experience in the industry, companies that have been around for years and have an exceptional reputation for what they do.

Outsourcing itself isn't bad for your business

Outsourcing to some crappy company in India so that you can claim 24x7 support, and save a ton of $$$ is bad for business.

If you do your research, you can find plenty of outsourcing companies who have experience in the industry, companies that have been around for years and have an exceptional reputation for what they do.

While outsourcing to a company that charges reasonably and not like $30/server "for the kitchen sink" does help. But the real question is... Do you want to give up the personal and caring factor of your business to a company that honestly that won't have nearly the same as you do?

Even delegating to in house this could be degraded. So why outsource and lose this "edge" of yours?

Again, research. That's why you get to know the company you're putting your servers and customers into. There's plenty of companies that are not fly by night companies that charge reasonable (around $100/month) rates for management / support and can do the job well enough.

It's all about who you use here