NOC Monkey

Galaxy-Hosts

How many people here have used NOC Monkey ( http://nocmonkey.psoft.net/ ) to help administer your dedicated servers? We are considering setting up a dedicated server with this and giving it a try. I am just curious what were everyone elses experiences with this product?

I've used NOC Monkey before in another datacenter I worked at. It is very useful, but could take some time setting things up just the way they need to be.

I say give it a try, and if you don't like it, no harm done :)

HTH

Nocmonkey is ok however the setup is long and complicated. They do have 5 Licenses Free so you could try it. However if you have finance backup you may want to look into a company who will create you a Bespoke Software for your business.

NocMonkey works. It still has a few short comings. I don't like how you have to run it on their Trustix OS (which uses kernel 2.4). We had a lot of problems getting it installed because the kernel on their boot CD didn't support our SATA controllers. Also, the API is broken. I wish they came out with releases more often than they do.

Getting it installed is like getting a root canal... well installation is easy but getting it to work... well... that's different :)

Other than that, not bad for the price of the 5 licenses!

TCP/IP Warrior said:
Getting it installed is like getting a root canal... well installation is easy but getting it to work... well... that's different :)

Other than that, not bad for the price of the 5 licenses!

agreed - we are r olling it out and have found all kinds of issues they have had to rewrite for. arggh its nice when it is done - I think we are the largest deployment so far.

NocMonkey is sooo limited... it never works on anything.... they should have taken CentOS and based their software on it... vs the Trustix OS.... with little if any drivers for the new hardware comming out...