Most expensive domain

I dont know if most of you have heard of the airline Kuwait Airways. My brother had the domain www.kuwaitairways.com and they came to his feet for the domain and all he wanted was 25 business class tickets with no expiry date on them since he runs a travel agency but they didnt agree to it so he sold it to a chinese guy for like $500 000 and now the chinese guy is selling it for like $10M :D...sometimes my brother can be a bit koo koo :)

Hehe well I would be very happy with the $500 000 but I would still rather have the $10m ;)
They are stupid not buying the domain for a small 25 tickets, that would set them back A LOT less than having to pay money for the domain, especially since its .com

www.business.com was bought for 7.5 million

In the book "The 22 immutable laws of branding (proper source given below) there was a line (which I really liked it) "To whom it may concern: If you (the one who purchased business.com) had bought this book for $18.95, you would have saved yourself $7,499,981 .05"

Wine.com was bought for $3 million
telephone.com was bought for $1.75 million
Bingo.com was bought for $1.1 million
wallstreet.com was bought for $1.03 million
drugs.com was bought for $823,456
university.com was bought for $530,000

AOL has been valued at $4.5 billion and Yahoo! at $4.4 billion - source: Ries, AL. and Ries Laura, The 22 immutable laws of branding, Harper Business

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8